I was trying to achieve Mosher's IPA water, but with lower SO4, which according to the spreadsheet I used was exactly what I wanted, however, my concern once everyhting was in the fermenter became yeast health. According to my additions in the mash, I was still very low on calcium and magnesium, so that is why I decided to ad the salts to the fermenter.
I also realized I didn't add enough of my salts to the mash, however I did use 5.2 buffer, so I am glad I did that at the very least. According to my spreadsheet, pH would have been 5.02 with all salts added, so I'm hoping the buffer helped.
I am going to have to brew this recipe again without all of the mistakes, and compare them side-by-side. I'm sure I will still have good beer, but I did kick myself in the pants when i realized I forgot the kettle salts additions.
Live and learn, usually
, I only make the same mistake once.