Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Anything wrong with this Kegerator?

Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
jwheelz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anything wrong with this Kegerator?

Hey all!

Fortunately/unfortunately (however you choose to see it) I have more money than time available to me at the moment and am not much on DIY projects. I'm looking at purchasing this to get me started into Kegging.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=186

My question is, is there anything obviously wrong with this set up? Anything I'm going to regret if I get this? I'm looking to get the upgrade to SS faucets and drip tray.

The only thing that caught my eye was the 5lb CO2. I think I would've preferred the 10lb. You think I can upgrade to a larger tank with that set up and how long will a 5lb tank last? I don't want to be refilling tanks every week. Thanks for any input!

On Tap - Northwest Passage Ale, Mac and Jack Clone
Bottled - Coopers Stout Kit, Coopers Dark Ale Kit, Red Tide E.S.B., Freedom Fighter Scotch Ale

Old 01-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
oteixeira
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nothing wrong with that. I always look at things this way. What do I make an hour, what would it cost me to have someone else build it? If the numbers work out that I am wasting my hours (and have to be away from work or my kids to do it), I would usually farm it out. That being said, I am building a keezer, with a kit from Keg Cowboy, I just wait until the kids are asleep and I am off work to do it. At that stage, it is worth it to me.

Orlando

PS: 5 lbs last 5 corny kegs is what I have been told.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
buzzkill
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

my 5lb. bottle carbed and pushed alot of beer for me, I think it ran out about keg # 11 or 12. (corneys. )

Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
my 5lb. bottle carbed and pushed alot of beer for me, I think it ran out about keg # 11 or 12. (corneys. )
Yep...and regarding the previous post...if you are only pushing two kegs with a 5# you've got a serious leak somewhere!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
tjpfeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 33

That's pretty much the same setup I built for myself. The 5# should last a while, considering that I have had my 10# for 3 years and have yet to refill it after force carbonating and serving something like 20 kegs now

Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
jwheelz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpfeister View Post
That's pretty much the same setup I built for myself. The 5# should last a while, considering that I have had my 10# for 3 years and have yet to refill it after force carbonating and serving something like 20 kegs now

Great thats exactly what I wanted to hear, seems Like I'll be happy with everything that comes with it, and that tank sounds like it will last alot longer then I was invisioning.

Thanks all for the response!

On Tap - Northwest Passage Ale, Mac and Jack Clone
Bottled - Coopers Stout Kit, Coopers Dark Ale Kit, Red Tide E.S.B., Freedom Fighter Scotch Ale