Just drank some bud light - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Just drank some bud light

Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Indubitably
Recipes 

Aug 2010
San Diego, CA

So I go to to the local watering hole with some friends, because one skips town tomorrow (going back to NYC) and we get a pitcher of Stone IPA (good bar). To follow up another friend orders a pitcher of Bud Light!?!?!?! Really! Thank God I was already drunk from Makers Mark. Seriously though I hate it when people follow decent beer up with yellow fizzy crap. If your going to drink, which we were, do it right.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Stuntman
Alcohol to Urine 37+ yrs. Not any longer, God willing.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Houston, TX
Liked 101 Times on 101 Posts

He should have been shot on the spot....just saying.

Emphasis on drank, sober since August 28 2011

Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 199 Times on 150 Posts

Was recently at a New Years party - choice? Bud Light and Miller Light. (I failed miserably to bring my own) So I did the social thing and had a Bud Light with the guys...interesting stuff. Reminds me of drinking straight club soda.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
philmin9
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Philadelphia

It all has it's time and place. New Years isn't a bad time to have Bud Light, considering how much of the stuff is consumed. Granted, my gf and I had Ommegang, because I can't stand the ****ty stuff. But still, it does serve a purpose.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #5
JohnnyO
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts

Not everyone is up on flavor. If the guy ordering the next round is one of those people, you're going to get some fizzy piss after a good IPA.

It's a battle, man. Only thing to do is to go over the top. Next up? Pitcher of Old Raspy.

You win.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
goose1873
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Erie, PA
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I love IPA's, etc... but I like all beer. (except natural ice...the smell makes it undrinkable)

Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #7

I brought my cooler full of homebrews to a New Year's Eve party we were invited to. Bringing beer is something I always do because it's only about 0.00001% of the time that I encounter good beer (meaning other than BMC) anywhere else. The interesting thing is that as soon as I start to enjoy my brews, everyone wants in on them. I chalk it up to people being cheap a$$holes. And I don't dole my homebrews out to cheap a$$holes.

Oh and that reminds me of something that happens a lot. I get my wife's friends who know about my homebrew hobby telling me they want to introduce me to their husbands because they appreciate good beer. And then I find them drinking Stella Artois or Heineken or Guiness. That's when they want to taste the homebrew. So I serve them a DIPA and watch them squirm. Then I tell them they were drinking sh1t before and now they're drinking good beer. Yeah, I can be a d1ck.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
BlackForestBrewery
Recipes 

Dec 2010
Louisville, Kentucky

He should have gotten a mans beer, like Miller High Life Light. Nothing making you feel like more of a man than drinking a high life light.

Just joking of course, and I agree with you 100%. My cousins drink MGD, and other garbage. Everytime I go to their place I have to bring my own beer unless I want to drink MGD, Bud, or Natty. When we go out, they often will buy a pitcher of some light garbage.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
jeffjm
Recipes 

Aug 2010
St. Louis, Missouri
Liked 80 Times on 55 Posts

When I find myself with no choice but BMC (actually in these parts, it's mostly B), I remind myself that the people who brew it know exactly what they are doing and are masters of consistency. Whatever they release is exactly what they intended to make.

Sometimes that thought even helps

Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
jackers252
Recipes 

Oct 2008
California, Maryland
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I never understood the hatred of Bud Light/Miller Lite/Coors Lite. I have a 6 keg keezer and love having craft beers but I still enjoy Miller Lite when doing things like working around the house or playing video games.

Heck, I usually keep a keg of Austin Homebrew's Miller Lite clone in one of my kegs.

It's far from my favorite beer but that doesn't meant that I look poorly upon it or the people that enjoy it.

maconmatt Likes This