After making my first batch of Apfelwein I decided to experiment a little with honey... The recipe is simple so far
5 gal apple juice (I used Treetop)
6lbs clover honey (bought from costco)
4lbs of wildflower honey purchased from LHBS
1 Packet of Montrachet yeast
I basically used the gallon juice containers to dissolve the honey just as i did with apfelwein... I didnt actually use all of the 5 gal juice.. there was a half gallon left once i filled my 5 gallon carboy. Its been fermenting really well, I am thinking of adding some allspice or cinnamon once fermentation calms down a bit...
Ill update at my first gravity reading