If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #31
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL
Liked 274 Times on 210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
I'm wrapping up my keezer now and I'm a big car guy. I've been looking for months for car engine parts as tap handles. Camshaft, connecting rod, maybe a scaled down crankshaft, and maybe a shifter or something. Can't use the steel its just too heavy and leaves the tap open. A friend has access to a smelter so I thought about casting copies out of aluminum but that's a LOT of work.

Anyone seen car parts as tap handles?
The parts you use need to be light, I have a small collection of aluminum connecting rods from my 572" 65 chevelle that were consumed beyond use while messing with a fogger system, not too heavy and would easily make a sweet tap handle, you could use a camshaft cut down to a reasonable size, how about a machined base with a gnarly bent up valve welded to it, that could be cool, for stubby handles a selection of aluminum roller rocker arms would be interesting as well

I seem to have misplaced my trousers... ~Grainreaper

Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #32
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jota21 View Post
I have a hockey puck. What i really want is the butt-end of a hockey stick that was broken by a player in an NHL game. I have no idea how to go about getting one, but I think that would be cool
Lemme see what I can do for you...........

Old 01-04-2011, 03:30 AM   #33
airmek

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Rincon, Georgia
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azscoob View Post
I currently have a Lycaonian obol from 258 A.D. depicting Percius holding the severed head of Medusa, I will be putting this in a sterling silver bezel inlayed into a tap handle for my Ferryman's ale, a nod to the tradition of placing an obol on the deceased persons tongue or eyelids to pay the ferryman for the journey to the afterlife.
Would love to see this when you get it finished.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #34
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 432 Times on 338 Posts

A life-sized plastic skull I have laying around for some reason.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #35
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL

How about a human femur? you can score imperfect scientific skeletons and misc bones from here, I buy them for Halloween projects, I have a matched set of skull end table lamps that I made from bits from this site,

Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #36
Boleslaus

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jota21 View Post
I have a hockey puck. What i really want is the butt-end of a hockey stick that was broken by a player in an NHL game. I have no idea how to go about getting one, but I think that would be cool
They aren't from an NHL game (they are mine), but I made two tap handles from the butt-end of broken sticks.

On Tap: Rocketsauce IPA, Party Ride Wheat
Fermenting: Meet Your Maker Stout, Big Ring DIPA

Old 01-04-2011, 05:22 AM   #37
TeufelBrew

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Denver, Colorado
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Dog chewed up the DirecTV remote. I'm thinking of making it into a tap handle for the Doghouse ale. Seems appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
You're all wrong. Apfelwein is a time machine and mind eraser combined into one.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #38
billy915
Recipes 

Aug 2008
El Paso, tx
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

How about some handcuffs, or a billy club, or a dart board, or a toilet. <<< These are the first things that popped into my head.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #39
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4859 Times on 3275 Posts

I was thinking about having a lifesized schlong cast out of that resin stuff, but my tap handle can only be about 8 inches long or it will hit stuff sitting on top of the kegerator. I don't want all my beer poured out accidentally.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I was thinking about having a lifesized schlong cast out of that resin stuff, but my tap handle can only be about 8 inches long or it will hit stuff sitting on top of the kegerator. I don't want all my beer poured out accidentally.
"Pouring your beer" prematurely, one might say?

All that length ain't worth a damn if you don't know how to handle it!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana