Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Designing Wet Bar with Tap Beer System - Advice?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Designing Wet Bar with Tap Beer System - Advice?

I am an avid homebrewer and I currently have a two keg, dual regulator system that I just keep in a fridge and use picnic taps. I love it, it works great. Now I am moving out of my current home and into a new home. I have a 1600 squarefoot unfinished basement and we are in the process of drafting the plans to finish it.

Too make a long story short, a wetbar is surely in the works and I am wondering if anybody has any positive or negative experiences or advice to give on how to make dispensing my own beer, at my own bar, not only convenient but also profressional looking.

thx in advance everybody.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just store your fridge underneath the bar. Run an insulated line from the fridge to a tower mounted on the countertop. To insulate the lines, you'll need something like this... http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...id-CDI232.html

It's not neccissary to have a glycol cooling system unless you're running the lines fairly long distances (more than 5-6'). Look around that site a little and I'm sure you'll find some interesting stuff for your bar.
He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven.

Another HERMS rig...