Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Sweet Potato
Old 12-30-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Sweet Potato

I've been thinking of doing a sweet potato beer. Has anyone ever done anything like this? I'm thinking it would be something sweet, maybe along the lines of a belgian with a slight hint of marshmellow flavor. This may lend itself to a porter or stout but if I could pull this off as blonde that would be great. Any suggestions?

Hell-Bent Brew Co. Blog

Hell-Bent Brew Co. on Facebook
Hell-Bent Brew Co. Gear Shirts, Steins and other awesome stuff
Old 12-30-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I used three pounds of sweet potatoes in my fall beer.(it's in my drop down) I didn't taste the sweet potatoes really because I added spices and such but it certainly added a nice color. But really there isn't much flavor from a sweet potato until you roast it and add the brown sugar and spices to it. So you may have to do some spicing to increase the perception of a sweet potatoe. Definetly will have to experiment though. AS always keep us updated.
Element Brewing