Update for my Midwest Irish Red. I am more convinced that I didnt hurt it by moving it to secondary after almost 3 days total in primary based on the taste and attenuation. I used the stock dry Muntons ale yeast in this kit and a friend has a similar kit with the same yeast. I know I was carrying higher temps at zero-hour because of my wort cooling issues but his kit did the same 3 day rapid ferm mine did.
I have this in the bottle now after a full 7 days in secondary and I am hoping for the best. I figure at worst it will be a little estery, but I know from taste at racking that I am on the right track.
BTW...my second batch (ever) is a Midwest Bass Clone using Wyeast Brit Ale 1098 and it has been slow a steady in primary for a good 6 days so far
and is still bubbling the airlock. Granted, my wort temps were much better but so was my buddy's batch with the Muntuns and this ferm is nothing like that one.
I can't see myself using dry yeast again.