Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh? - Page 514 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #5131
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 494 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwhite41 View Post
I'd prefer fewer of both

That's a shame because players like Hartnell are the heart and soul of hockey.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #5132
rjwhite41
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJack View Post
True. IMNSHO if you don't enjoy watching Marion Hossa play the game, then I hate you. I've always enjoyed watching power forwards play the game. The ability to carry the pick wide, one handed, holding a man back without holding him, and making a pass or shot effortlessly is a thing of beauty. We saw a glimmer of that in pitt/philly game 2 with Jagr carrying Duproix on his back. Just awesome play!!! Who on Detroit are you referring to?
Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and Kronwall all have long term deals in place. I don't think that their level of play has fallen off at all since signing.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #5133
rjwhite41
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
You all must have missed the month of March when he was player of the month with something like 10 wins and 4 shutouts. He then proceeded to have a bone chip/fracture in his foot, which I think he's still dealing with. No excuse on earlier in the season, but I'm sure he's adjusting to going from two small market teams to the Flyers. Give him another year or two and see where he's at.

On top of that, Pronger, their captain, and a playoff warrior has been out since earlier in the year. Meszaros is out as well. They've had several rookies on the blue line this year. No excuses, the defense needs to play better (yes, you Matt Carle), as does Bryzgalov, but considering the merry go round of defenseman back there, new team, huge pressure place to play considering Philly's goalie history, and his own injury, he's done fairly well. I wouldn't say his numbers are up there where they need to be, but had the Flyers split with the Rangers this year rather than going 0-6, they would have won the conference.

That's classic. I remember busting on him about this during those seasons.
I agree the jury is still out but there needs to be an improvement in his production if he's going to justify that contract. You need to stand on your head consistently for that kind of money.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #5134
rjwhite41
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
That's a shame because players like Hartnell are the heart and soul of hockey.
I don't know. He's undisciplined and ends up in the box too much because of it. Even when he isn't called he's walking a fine line. He's middle of the road production-wise (I believe this has been his best offensive season) but I will say he is a monster in the playoffs. In my mind he's an overrated player who has exceeded his talent. He's really just a grinder who plays above that level. In that sense I can agree with your comment but I still don't like him. I will admit that I would most likely have a different opinion if I was a Flyers fan.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #5135
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 494 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwhite41 View Post
I don't know. He's undisciplined and ends up in the box too much because of it. Even when he isn't called he's walking a fine line. He's middle of the road production-wise (I believe this has been his best offensive season) but I will say he is a monster in the playoffs. In my mind he's an overrated player who has exceeded his talent. He's really just a grinder who plays above that level. In that sense I can agree with your comment but I still don't like him. I will admit that I would most likely have a different opinion if I was a Flyers fan.

I'm guessing you abhor Bertuzzi...

Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #5136
rjwhite41
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
I'm guessing you abhor Bertuzzi...
touche. Guess I'm busted

Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #5137
ColbyJack
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Eagle River, Alaska
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Predictions for todays games? I say Boston by two goals. Phoenix by one goal. St. Louis by one goal. Devils in overtime.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #5138
paulster2626

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Ontario, Canada
Liked 337 Times on 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJack View Post
Bryz and Luongo are proof positive that once NHL stars get a long term contract their play goes to the sh*tter. Philly had to solve their tender ****uation from last two seasons, but no way was Bryz worth that kind of dough.
Luongo has played very well this year - seems nobody really watches Canucks games.

The fact that the Canucks are down 3 games to 1 is not the fault of their goaltender.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #5139
ytsejam
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Central IL
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I especially like the way he went cup chasing in Detroit and Pittsburgh to no avail, he's a cherry picking dick.
Cherry picking?

I always saw that more as a specialty of Steve Sullivan.

I like Sully, BTW, here a classic video:

Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #5140
ColbyJack
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Eagle River, Alaska
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626

Luongo has played very well this year - seems nobody really watches Canucks games.

The fact that the Canucks are down 3 games to 1 is not the fault of their goaltender.
Nice comeback... I watch a lot of Canucks games. They are the closest thing to a local team we have here in Alaska. Tampa and Vancouver are my next favorite teams to follow. But the regular season is over. He does not respond to the pressure thr way a starting goalie must.
Undeniable that everyone, including their coach, sees he is lacking, either in skill, confidence, preparation, or leadership.