Merry Christmas to me!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primo

Reaction score
Hey all.
So my wife ( most awesome person in the world ) bought me the true brew beer brewing kit for Christmas. Its just a starter kit, but it will do just that. . . get me started.
This will be my first brew (thats right I'm a virgin) and any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Here is a rundown of my new gear and the first recipe that I will be doing.
1 fermenting bucket.
1 lid.
1 fermenting bucket with spigot.
1 bottle brush
1 capper
1 triple scale hydrometer
1 thermometer strip
1 siphon set up
and some cleaning powder.

As for the rrecipe.
She got me a can of muntons Connoisseurs export stout ( 40 pint beer kit ).
a 3 pound bag of muntons extra dark dried malt extract.
and a small bag of primming sugar.

Oh yeah by the way Im Jared and I like puppys. I'm 30 I live in Utah with my wife and son and mmmmmmmmmmmm beer.

Hi Jared

Also a virgin. Posted earlier, see Limey Brewer. I got much the same as you, but an IPA kit. Am going to start it tomorrow. 11.30pm here, so climbing timber hill.

I will be brewing tomorrow as well Edski. Good luck I hope it turns out well for you, IPA is delicious!!!!

Hi Jared. You like puppies! You should put one in your secondary and see how that comes out! YUM! JK LOL welcome to the hobby.

hah hah! Welcome to the fold. You will soon be in trouble with said wife for spending way too much on brewing equipment and ingredients. But the cool thing is that you can blame it all on her for getting you started.

You should put one in your secondary and see how that comes out! YUM! JK LOL welcome to the hobby.

Oh yes, puppy beer is the best there is... :D

hah hah! Welcome to the fold. You will soon be in trouble with said wife for spending way too much on brewing equipment and ingredients. But the cool thing is that you can blame it all on her for getting you started.

Oh yes, puppy beer is the best there is... :D

Indeed sir I will blame it all on her, I just read your post to her and she laughed and agreed. So It looks like I'm in the clear, god I wish the home brew store was open today!!!!!:tank:

Oh yeah by the way the beer is all done up and waiting to cool below the 70* mark so I can add the yeast. Man it is dark but it smells delicious!!!! Oh and also, I need a bigger spoon. . .6 gal buckets are deep!!!

Latest posts

Back