Who's smoking meat this weekend? - Page 43 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #421
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 329 Times on 325 Posts

I guess I should have taken pictures but I smoked a couple racks of spares with the tips going into some beans on the smoker as well

I also threw on a bricket point for some pastrami meat for the week

Old 08-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #422
Stratotankard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Little Rock, AR
Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

I'm brining some chicken thighs right now. I've only got a 22.5" generic round black grill, but I've had decent luck just piling my coals to one side and heaping soaked chips next to them. I need to get some chunk wood to try out different techniques.
Bottled: Red ESB
Drinking: Ginger Kombucha
On deck: Rye Kvass experimental brew, Apple Cider Vinegar

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #423
Great_Neck_Brewer

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Great Neck, New York
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Stratotankard, nice avatar

Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #424
pickles

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Columbus
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
Some nice pulled pork goodness!!! The next time you have a hankering for pork try smoking a bone-in Boston Butt (the part of the sholder just above the picnic) and instead of pulling remove the money muscle and slice it. Oh boy you will be in for a treat!!

Can you explain a little more about the money muscle? Do you separate it first before cooking or after? Do you slice it hot or let it rest? I'm cooking two Boston Butts on saturday and would love to try it!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #425
Sawdustguy

Recipes 

Mar 2009
Manorville, New York
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Nate,

Separate it after the cook. Check out this URL and look at post 7.

http://www.bbqbug.com/forums/bbq-con...tion-pork.html

Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #426
FromZwolle

Recipes 

Mar 2010
beecher, il
Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts

i finally got my uds built and in action this past saturday. really stupid scheduling on my part to have 5 meats coming off the grill/smokers at the same time, so no money shots. but here's my setup from saturday.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #427
noodledancer77
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Mayfield, KY

This thread has me excited! I've got a bunch of deer meat left from last season that has to be gone in time for the new season in a month. Gonna break out the sausage making equipment this weekend and fire up old bertha. probably gonna do three or four different kinds, andouille, bratwurst, breakfast and variations on each. Gonna be a good day!! Thanks for getting me fired up!!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #428
mr_goodwrench

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Auburn, GA
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Guy,

I haven't looked at this thread in awhile, so I just saw your comment. I will definitely give that a try. My 9 year old daughter is a HUGE fan of pulled pork and I am sure she will love that as well.

If I have a chance, I am gonna revv up the ol' smoker Sunday. I've been thinking brisket. Had our August birthday lunch for work at Jim & Nick's BBQ. I had the brisket, but it just wan't enough (not to mention SWMBO wants it now...) They had wings for appetizer there that they dry rubbed, smoked and then tossed in the fryer real quick and tossed w/ wing sauce. They were gooooooooooood! May have to make some of those too!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #429
juvinious

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Hollywood, FL
Liked 15 Times on 4 Posts

Lit up the smoker today put some ribs and flank steak on. I did some Argentinian sausages on the grill earlier to hold us while they smoked. Here is somewhat during our eating:

We had it with some corn tortillas, pico de gallo and lettuce. They were taken a bit late after we ate some.
Bottled: Pyment | Strawberry Melomel

Old 08-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #430
jeepinjeepin

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Liked 1046 Times on 1025 Posts

I had a buddy smoke some briskets today. I would normally be there helping to cook. If I heard right it was 138# of brisket.