National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Who's smoking meat this weekend?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #31
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
humann_brewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the sun
Posts: 15,732
Liked 318 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
I tryed chefmike simple pepperoni.. it is delicious.

But pepperoni it is not.
yeah I figured so, I figured it is close to what my mom makes which is good enough for crackers although I want to try it on a pizza.
humann_brewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #32
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,438
Liked 2911 Times on 2840 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
I tryed chefmike simple pepperoni.. it is delicious.

But pepperoni it is not.
Agreed. I made it, but just in the oven. It was good, but not pepperoni.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 21,079
Liked 4290 Times on 2615 Posts
Likes Given: 3692

Default

2 pork shoulders getting smoked tomorrow AM. Pulled pork for dinner.

Brewing a Belgian Wit simultaneously. Woohoo.
__________________
- Andrew
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
KCBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
KCBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 9,142
Liked 1459 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

There must be something in the air for pork and belgian's. I'm going to lay a piece of sheet metal in the fire box on my smoker for now so I can do an 8.5lb pork loin tomorrow, and I'm doing a delirium clone.

I'll probably toss a couple chicks on too, they had them on sale for .49/lb so I have several in the freezer. It's supposed to be near 70 also, so a great day all around, I hope.
__________________
"I'm no gynecologist, but I'll take a look at it."
KCBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #35
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 21,079
Liked 4290 Times on 2615 Posts
Likes Given: 3692

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBrewer View Post
There must be something in the air for pork and belgian's. I'm going to lay a piece of sheet metal in the fire box on my smoker for now so I can do an 8.5lb pork loin tomorrow, and I'm doing a delirium clone.

I'll probably toss a couple chicks on too, they had them on sale for .49/lb so I have several in the freezer. It's supposed to be near 70 also, so a great day all around, I hope.
It's warm all over the country right now. Weird. I think the cold is coming again for the north, tho.

I love the boil when there is zested orange in there. Man, that smells good. Bit of hallertau, wheat/barley malt frothing, and orange zest. Mmm mmm. And chili powder rub steaming off the pork. Man I can't wait.
__________________
- Andrew
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #36
KCBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
KCBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 9,142
Liked 1459 Times on 1426 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
It's warm all over the country right now. Weird. I think the cold is coming again for the north, tho.

I love the boil when there is zested orange in there. Man, that smells good. Bit of hallertau, wheat/barley malt frothing, and orange zest. Mmm mmm. And chili powder rub steaming off the pork. Man I can't wait.
Yep, it's supposed to cool off a bit here after tomorrow. About 6 more years and I'll be heading a little south of you though. Counting the days.

No zested orange for me. Some coriander, ginger & paradise though. Should be some nice aroma's coming off there.

The loin is marinating in a mixture of chili powder, red pepper, candied jalapeno, brown sugar, vinegar, caramelized onion, apple juice, worcesteshire, garlic and tomatoe. The marinade will get used for the mop and sauce also. I'm starting to salivate just typing it out.
__________________
"I'm no gynecologist, but I'll take a look at it."
KCBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #37
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 21,079
Liked 4290 Times on 2615 Posts
Likes Given: 3692

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBrewer View Post
Yep, it's supposed to cool off a bit here after tomorrow. About 6 more years and I'll be heading a little south of you though. Counting the days.

No zested orange for me. Some coriander, ginger & paradise though. Should be some nice aroma's coming off there.

The loin is marinating in a mixture of chili powder, red pepper, candied jalapeno, brown sugar, vinegar, caramelized onion, apple juice, worcesteshire, garlic and tomatoe. The marinade will get used for the mop and sauce also. I'm starting to salivate just typing it out.
I have a rub of some similar ingredients. Tomorrow, around 6am, the orgy begins. A cataclysm of pork and hickory and barley and zested orange and me. Good luck to you.
__________________
- Andrew
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #38
Jester
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jester's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 616
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Just got done with 2 8lb brisket flats...
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3548740069.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	20795  
Jester is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #39
Desert_Sky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Desert_Sky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Posts: 4,090
Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

This was last weekend, I did a 17lb packer and a couple racks of ribs. But of course the ABTs stole the show
Click image for larger version

Name:	PresDay2011 006.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	21007   Click image for larger version

Name:	PresDay2011 009.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	21008  
__________________
Desert Sky Brewing Co.
Sierra Vista, AZ
Desert_Sky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #40
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 21,079
Liked 4290 Times on 2615 Posts
Likes Given: 3692

Default

2 shoulders smoked on Sunday. Mmmm. Shredded and sauced, with cole slaw.

__________________
- Andrew
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitrates/Nitrites in meat, Friend or Foe? Edcculus Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making 28 11-13-2011 02:28 AM
Meat Hoppocrates Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making 32 12-22-2010 04:11 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS