Bah humbug... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Bah humbug...

Old 12-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
beninan
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Maine
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

I just want to give a shout out to my fellow Scrooge's here. I know your out there!
I'm currently wrapping presents at almost midnight, just so they can be opened later. how awesome....
and there are still more presents to buy....

Old 12-24-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
gicts
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Kentucky
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Had to wait in line for way too long to buy apple juice for a certain something today

Old 12-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3390 Times on 3245 Posts

Had to go to walmart tonight. I just had to laugh at how annoyed people were getting about the line length and wait. No crap buddy! You went to walmart 2 days before Xmas!! What'd you expect?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom

Old 12-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #4
Frankfurtvr4
Recipes 

Jun 2010
gone
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

I hate deployed Christmas. The rest of the Army is on half-day or day on day off and we are on 12 hour shifts 7 days a week and can't get anything done with our rear detachments.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
pipapat
Recipes 

Jun 2009
slc
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Had to go to walmart tonight. I just had to laugh at how annoyed people were getting about the line length and wait. No crap buddy! You went to walmart 2 days before Xmas!! What'd you expect?
its sad but true.

My restaurant is filled up with reservations for Christmas eve. People get pissed.

Why didnt you reserve a table a week ago?

Old 12-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
cfonnes
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Utah
Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

I was going to start a thread with the same name.

Yesterday my truck blew a head gasket, today I have to work 4AM - 5PM then at 7PM fifteen people are coming over for dinner and to make it worse both kegs kicked last night. Tomorrow will be better because Santa comes tonight.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Frankfurtvr4
Recipes 

Jun 2010
gone
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

On the automotive note I got to "I told you so" my ex-wife today. A few years back while I was out of the country she traded my supercharged 00 Mustang GT in for a Chevy Blazer. We were in mid divorce at the time and she stuck me with an 02 GT that she had purchased but was upside down in. Ok, back to my point. She tells me on the phone today that her blazer that was just out of warranty is now running on three cylinders and and the computer has taken a poop. Repair bill 4K. Just about the amount she traded my car in under it's value. The best part is she is in Germany so working on her chevy is looked at as an import.

So it gets even better! My ex-sister-in-law was in the process of marrying a used car salesman at the time so my ex trades my car into his lot. Two weeks later he married the sister, she joined the Army as a dentist and deployed to Iraq. This guy quits his job and decides to be a house husband for a year.

Add my ex-father-in-law into the mix here. He hated me because I was only an E-5 at the time and didn't make enough money for him to think I had any value. My divorce goes through I don't have to deal with that jack hat anymore and he inherits an unemployed son-in-law. He has been fuming about this guy not working for two years!

So they are all meeting for Christmas in Germany today. My ex is telling her dad about the lemon the new son-in-law sold her, he still doesn't have a job and she is going to ask her dad to borrow money to buy the 02 she stuck me with!

THANK YOU LITTLE BABY JESUS!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
HerotBrewer
Recipes 

Sep 2010
WNY, NY
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninan View Post
I just want to give a shout out to my fellow Scrooge's here. I know your out there!
I'm currently wrapping presents at almost midnight, just so they can be opened later. how awesome....
and there are still more presents to buy....
Hey last year I was wrapping presents until 6AM Xmas morning, and the kids woke us up at 720. I think I was still a little drunk.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Dkmount721
Recipes 

Dec 2010
Kilgore, Texas
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah. Here I sit working for an oilfield company. 12 hours today. BAH!

I am fuming because I got to work Thanksgiving, now Christmas eve and day, and I get to work New Years eve and day. sigh.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Diver165
Recipes 

May 2010
Huntington, WVA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

12hr night shifts last couple of days. SWMBO had to put everything together. I'm on auto pilot right now.