So, my first attempt at a 10 gallon batch i did yesterday. Everything went smooth. I mashed inside, hit all the temps. Lugged about 13 1/2 gallons outside to the garage where it was 3 degrees. turned on the space heater and fired up the hurricane burner. it took almost an hour and a half to get it to a small rolling boil. nothing huge, no huge hot break.
When i do 5 gallon batchs i can boil off 3 gallons in the first hour, so that is why i collected the 13 1/2 gallons. Since i didnt have a huge boil, due to amount of ambient temp, i ended up with 12 gallons of brew. as such my ABV is going to be a bit lower than i wanted (4.7%) but the good news is i acheived 82% efficiency