Since I’m really getting into this hobby I thought it would be fun to put together a photo based thread of my brewery expansion with a quick and short explanation of each. I'm really learning a lot as I go, but I thought it would be cool to have all of my pictures in one place, so I could see how far things have come.
This picture was taken back in 2008. The previous owners of our house built everything half-ass. One afternoon, after coming home from breakfast, I found that our garage shelf fell. Luckily I only lost my two junk fishing rods and the only part of my wife’s car that was damaged was the side-view morror.
I started with the Everything + A Carboy kit from Midwest Supplies - also back in 2008. My first batch was a highly-oxidized Irish Red Ale.
After rebuilding the shelving properly, I planned on this location to be the brewing area.
My neighbor had a 20” x 10’ x 4” deep stainless steel sink sitting in her back yard for 2 years. I asked her if I could buy it from her, but she ended up giving it to me for watching her dog.
Not long after starting brewing, I purchased a 8 gallon kettle (not pictured) and then upgraded again to Paul's old 10 gallon kettle. I think this was my first batch in that kettle.
I decided that I wanted to try all-grain brewing and this is the sculpture that I put together the night before my first batch with plywood and crap I had laying around my garage. It has worked since.
This is my little guy in the MLT.
After many, many E-mails with Paulasaurus, we decided we were going to make the move up to 10 gallon systems. So, one day, I got online and got our casters. A few days later I ordered the steel, cut to length, for two single tier systems. You can see the steel pieces in one of the pictures below (with the water filter)