Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Cleaning/Polishing Stainless Steel Kegs

Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default Cleaning/Polishing Stainless Steel Kegs

I am in the process of accumulating the materials to build a HERMS system. The first step is hunting down 15.5 gallon stainless steel kegs. I placed an ad on CL and have gotten numerous responses. Most are in terrible shape, but a couple are just dirty with light scratches, etc. I have looked through the threads at 100's of different brewing rigs and many people have done an exceptional job with cleaning up and polishing their kegs. What is the best way to clean and buff the exterior of the kegs, so they look nice. I want to purchase the kegs first and get a jump on cutting the tops out, cleaning/ buffing/polishing, then installing site glasses/thermometers/valves/etc. Once I have the kegs, I will then design the stand and make it my winter project. Any advice on the best way to clean up old, used kegs to get them looking decent would be great. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
ameliabrewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Polishing keg

Look here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/poli...phemism-54025/