Last time I drank Tequila... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Last time I drank Tequila...

Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
MSweat

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

was about 25 years ago.

I went to a party and started shooting tequila. I had been there for about two hours and I don't know how many shots I had...too many obviously...and started feeling faint and sweating profusely, so I stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air. This was around 11:30. Well, the next thing I know, I'm opening my eyes to the sunrise covered in dew and freezing my a$$ off, it was late September. I had the worst taste in my mouth I have ever experienced in my life and it felt as though my stomach had been turned inside out. That day, and the next two were pretty much just a haze.

This memory was brought to you by a whiff of Tequila!

That was the last time I drank Tequila, and to this day, every time I even smell it my stomach starts to roll.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

scientia potentia est

Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7454 Times on 6109 Posts

Jagermeister is my enemy. Same sort of scenario. Never again.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
The Pale Horse
Recipes 

Mar 2008
South of Detroit, Michigan
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
That stuff is the devil.

Primary: Belgian Golden, English Mild, Watermelon Wheat
Oak Barrel: Old Ale II
Kegged: Coconut Porter, Old English Ale (Oak Barrel)
Bottled: German Pilsner Lager

www.palehorsebrewery.com

Old 12-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

One night about 10 years ago I drank a half pint of vodka and jack then downed a 5th of jager minus about 2 shots. It was at a big house party my friend threw. By 10pm no one could use the downstairs bathroom because I was passed out with my head on the toilet and puke everywhere. Apparently I would wake up and start yelling because I was dry heaving and it hurt and nothing would come up. The next day I woke up and felt like **** and my ribs hurt. Apparently that bottle of jager was supposed to be saved for a friend that got their later. He was pissed that it was gone and game in and started drop kicking me in the chest.

I was hung over for 2 days after that and still can't even smell jager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 511 Times on 348 Posts

Ya jus need t' jump back on th' horse what thru ya and tell it who's boss!

unless the horse is named Gin

or Jack

Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7454 Times on 6109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
One night about 10 years ago I drank a half pint of vodka and jack then downed a 5th of jager minus about 2 shots. It was at a big house party my friend threw. By 10pm no one could use the downstairs bathroom because I was passed out with my head on the toilet and puke everywhere. Apparently I would wake up and start yelling because I was dry heaving and it hurt and nothing would come up. The next day I woke up and felt like **** and my ribs hurt. Apparently that bottle of jager was supposed to be saved for a friend that got their later. He was pissed that it was gone and game in and started drop kicking me in the chest.

I was hung over for 2 days after that and still can't even smell jager.
Mine was a non drinker buying shots for everyone. I passed out, on the toilet, in the bar. My buddy had to, god forbid, dethrone me, re-pants me, and remove me from the building or the bouncer was calling the cops. That was a first date night for him too, I still don;t know how to repay him for that but know I owe him HUGE.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 540 Times on 432 Posts

My big tequila experience...

I was at a small party just after I got out of high school with my sister and some of her friends (I was staying with her and my BIL while looking for a job and apartment) and my sister and I were doing tequila slammers, trying to match each other. I reached a point where I was in the upstairs bathroom (townhouse apartment) lying on the floor.

I felt find so long as I was lying down, but I felt sick as soon as I tried to stand up. The problem was, I wanted to go back downstairs. So, I figured that as long as I do it lying down, I'd be fine.

My sister said that they heard a *thump... thump... thump thump thumpthumpthump" sound, picking up speed and looked up to see me sliding down the stairs on my chest like an otter, hands back, chin up, chest hitting each wooden step as I picked up speed. I hit the floor and ended up in a pretzel shape against the wall at the bottom of the stairs.

Someone asked me if I was ok and I reportedly said, "I feel fine but that's going to hurt like a motherf***er tomorrow."

Old 12-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
ultravista
Recipes 

Mar 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Liked 58 Times on 48 Posts

Not with Tequila but Scotch. I drank too much of it (mixed with RC Cola) many years ago. I still can't stand the smell of it.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
iaefebs
Recipes 

Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts

It took me 25 years after my bad experience to even try it again. Never got sick, but I was just a total A** hole. Now in moderation I am ok with it. Still leery about it so I limit myself to 3 shots twice a year.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #10
Brutus Brewer
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Upper Sandusky, OH
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I was at a party a couple of years before I was legal and someone had a bottle of that **** there and after a few shots had had enough. I drank the rest of it and felt like hell for about a week. I swore it off until a few years ago and now it's about the only thing I'll shoot.