SWMBO is going to kill me - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > SWMBO is going to kill me

Old 02-03-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
alemonkey
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lincoln, NE
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

So, I fly R/C planes, but work has been freakin' crazy and I haven't been out to the field since early last summer. Today I was talking with a guy at work who's also into flying, and one of the local R/C clubs is renting the local event center (a BIG building) for indoor flying. $5 to fly 3 hours.

I have a room in our house that holds brewing equipment and planes. It's mostly full of planes. But, I got drunk tonight and decided I needed a new plane to fly in the new building. Never mind that I have 3-4 that are suitable to fly there.

So.....I logged on to www.towerhobbies.com and ordered a new one. Just hope I can get home before she sees it....

Maybe if she complains about how many planes I have I can ask her why she has so many shoes. We're literally running out of places to store them. At least the planes all fit in one room.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Sierra Vista, AZ
Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

so how dead are you?

like $300 dollar dead? Or are you really seriously gonna get it cause you spent a butt load more?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
alemonkey
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lincoln, NE
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Oh, no....it's really cheap. Indoor planes are as cheap as $20 or so (assuming you already have the radio, batteries, motor, etc). It's not the money, it's the fact that I have something like 10 planes already sitting in the basement.

Now, the 100" wingspan glider I bought last year and haven't gotten around to flying yet, that's another story....

Old 02-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

Nevertheless, why take any chances.

Send us all of your beer and equipment.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 02-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #5
Ize

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Central Illinois
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

Smile sweetly and offer to take her to dinner and shopping.

Tomorrow or Monday of course, there's a football game or something on Sunday.

But by all means keep the plane.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
alemonkey
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lincoln, NE
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

No can do tomorrow. I need to brew

Old 02-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #7
Ize

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Central Illinois
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemonkey
No can do tomorrow. I need to brew

Oh well hell, you're into next week or next weekend then. She'll have forgotten. Then gift up on Valentine's and yer good to go.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 02-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #8
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemonkey
So, I fly R/C planes, but work has been freakin' crazy and I haven't been out to the field since early last summer. Today I was talking with a guy at work who's also into flying, and one of the local R/C clubs is renting the local event center (a BIG building) for indoor flying. $5 to fly 3 hours.

I have a room in our house that holds brewing equipment and planes. It's mostly full of planes. But, I got drunk tonight and decided I needed a new plane to fly in the new building. Never mind that I have 3-4 that are suitable to fly there.

So.....I logged on to www.towerhobbies.com and ordered a new one. Just hope I can get home before she sees it....

Maybe if she complains about how many planes I have I can ask her why she has so many shoes. We're literally running out of places to store them. At least the planes all fit in one room.
Tell her it's a charity event and that the plane is tax exempt... Women tend to go for the mushy "awh he cares" crap... She'll never know the truth as long as she doesn't do your taxes or have a good memory...

Although there's the alternate route, kill her and bury her with her shoes... er i mean ummm.... grind her up and use her as DME, er no... that'd produce a bitchy flavor... lol... Just messing with ya... I honestly don't get women's deal with buying and keeping stuff they don't need then complaining when you have 2 or more of something...

I've always wanted an RC plane, how much would a beginner kit be?

Old 02-03-2007, 06:31 AM   #9
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Sep 2005
West Monroe, Louisiana
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. Which plane did you buy?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #10
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

my brother has been trying to get me to fly RC planes. For some reason he thinks that since I started flying when I was 12 and finally stopped whenI dropped out of college I should know how to fly RC planes.

After checking out that site some of those foam planes are looking interesting, maybe I will start