Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bell's The Oracle Double IPA

Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Moody_Copperpot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Bell's The Oracle Double IPA

Has anyone tried this beer? I had it last night and it's damn good! It's almost got a blueberry nose to it, but the flavor is fantastic. It's like a more drinkable 120 minute almost. If you see it, I would recommend picking it up!

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
bdnoona
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah, I've had it. A friend brought a six pack back from the brewery. I would say that it's good, but not great. B+ maybe. Two Hearted and Hopslam are both better. I love hops though, so I'm always happy to see another hoppy brew from a good brewery.

Go White Sox! http://www.sox35th.com/

Old 12-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
gtpro
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

the two-hearted clone I made is probably my favorite brew yet. Never had the real thing.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
Moody_Copperpot
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Two-Hearted is waaaay better than The Oracle IMO. I would still recommend this to people who haven't tried it, it's tasty stuff.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
signpost
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 485

I picked up a couple bottles of The Oracle the other day and just cracked one open. Absolutely delicious. I so enjoy drinking a DIPA that isn't hop-bursted to within an inch of it's life. This is thoroughly dry-hopped, but not to the exclusion of bittering. The aroma immediately after pouring was full of layers of fruit ranging from citrus to dark berries - partly from the hops, but also from the caramelly malts. The bitterness comes through cleanly and crisply hitting different parts of the tongue, but is balanced with the richness of the malt and alcohol. A veritable symphony of flavor and aroma, as some wine people might be prone to say.

In other words, I like it. Two Hearted is great, but it isn't as tasty as this beer. I haven't had Hopslam, but I'm going to try to catch one this coming January since I'm back living in Michigan.
Bottled - Signpost Creek Paint Cider; Northern Brewer's Oud Bruin de Table; The Land of Pils and Honey, imperial Saison with Clover Honey; a sour mashed Berliner Weisse; Back To School Porter, Imperial Robust Porter with vanilla beans - Kegged - BBD Belgian Malty Ale

Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

But this beer doesn't taste anything like Pliny, so it can be no better than just decent...right?

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
signpost
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 485

Never had Pliny. And I can still sleep at night. So, I'm happy with actually enjoying beer.
Bottled - Signpost Creek Paint Cider; Northern Brewer's Oud Bruin de Table; The Land of Pils and Honey, imperial Saison with Clover Honey; a sour mashed Berliner Weisse; Back To School Porter, Imperial Robust Porter with vanilla beans - Kegged - BBD Belgian Malty Ale

Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTipsy
But this beer doesn't taste anything like Pliny, so it can be no better than just decent...right?
Hahahahaha! Good point. Goodness, the hype...