Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > End to a long hiatus...
Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default End to a long hiatus...

I lost my job six months ago, and with the uncertainty of jobs and possible relocation I have not brewed/had a chance to really brew.

Well, I have been wanting to brew something fierce, and I know we aren't going to be moving during the holidays (not to mention I had all the ingredients on hand), so I jump started the brewing again with a vengeance!

I brewed a Winterfest on Dec 1, an Amber on Dec 4, and I am brewing a Robust Porter this Thursday, December 16. So I will have done 3 batches in less than three weeks, when prior to this I haven't done 3 batches in almost the last 9-10 months!

The brewing of the the first two batches definitely helped take the brewing "edge" off, but tonight I really got the kick of what I was missing. I opened up my amber ale to dry hop it and man the aroma was amazing. Added a blend of centennial/amarillo/simcoe and will transfer to the keg on Saturday.

I love this hobby. I have been doing plenty of tinkering on equipment and the like over these last few months, but there is nothing quite like the actual brewing/fermenting aspect of it (to me at least).

Just wanted to share with others who get what I am talking about!

I cannot wait to pull my own homebrew on draft again!

Trinke Das Bier Das Du Gebraut Hast
Old 12-14-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Welcome back.