Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Having a party with friends and some homebrew

Old 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
teambarber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Having a party with friends and some homebrew

Hey guys! I'm having a party this weekend and I thought about bringing my homebrew together with some food this time. I've never really done anything with pairing before so this is new to me. I have a Nut Brown Ale and a Chocolate Porter I brewed and was wondering what you guys think would be a great food pairing with the two. I'm not doing a dinner, just some appetizers. I'm open to all suggestions and recipes! thanx-Cheers!!

Barry Badrinath-"I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
jpc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambarber View Post
Hey guys! I'm having a party this weekend and I thought about bringing my homebrew together with some food this time. I've never really done anything with pairing before so this is new to me. I have a Nut Brown Ale and a Chocolate Porter I brewed and was wondering what you guys think would be a great food pairing with the two. I'm not doing a dinner, just some appetizers. I'm open to all suggestions and recipes! thanx-Cheers!!

Hmmm... How about desserts? The porter sounds like it would go well with anything chocolate.

With the nut brown, there are a number of cheese that could go nicely with it, but other than that I have few ideas.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
teambarber
Recipes 

I was thinking of doing the same thing with deserts for the porter but I wanted another opinion first.

I was thinking of doing this recipe i found http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/recipe...mble-cakes.pdf

it has chocolate and cherries in it which I thought would go well with the porter. I was thinking maybe cannoli's or cheescake as well since the porter has those coffee and chocolate qualities to it. I heard cheese as well with the ale so that might be the direction I'll go for.

Barry Badrinath-"I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"