Blood Red Ale - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Blood Red Ale

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
LouisianaVince
 
LouisianaVince's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 155


I haven't brewed the beer yet, but my next batch will be an Irish Red Ale. I'm thinking about something like this for a label. So far, I haven't put labels on my beer. The image, by the way, was "borrowed" off something...somewhere... Are there legal issues with that?


Click image for larger version

Name:	Gris Gris Blood Red Ale_edited.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	877  
__________________
LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
LouisianaVince
 
LouisianaVince's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer4breakfast
Nice label, Breaux. Yes, there are issues with using copyrighted images, but they are not likely to cause you grief so long as you don't try to sell your brew commercially.

On the other hand, the owner of the image could insist that it be removed from this forum.
Thanks, Breaux. And if the owner of the image wants it removed, I will happily do so. However, I have doubts the owner of the image is likely to ever see it. But who knows?


__________________
LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 139 Times on 113 Posts


Nice Label.

Wouldn't the owner of the label just go ahead and stick a pin in ya?

Ouch.


Explain the brewery name please.
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
LouisianaVince
 
LouisianaVince's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Nice Label.

Wouldn't the owner of the label just go ahead and stick a pin in ya?

Ouch.


Explain the brewery name please.
You're amazingly accurate with the pin sticking! Gris Gris (pronounced Gree Gree) is used loosley to describe Voodoo dolls, charms and talismans. Specifically, it's been used for a particular type of Voodoo that is reputed to be more powerful than traditional Voodoo. Since I live in Baton Rouge (South Louisiana, and especially New Orleans, is Voodoo country), I decided to go with a locally recognizeable name.
__________________
LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
Cheesefood
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Posts: 6,748
Liked 40 Times on 28 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaVince
You're amazingly accurate with the pin sticking! Gris Gris (pronounced Gree Gree) is used loosley to describe Voodoo dolls, charms and talismans. Specifically, it's been used for a particular type of Voodoo that is reputed to be more powerful than traditional Voodoo. Since I live in Baton Rouge (South Louisiana, and especially New Orleans, is Voodoo country), I decided to go with a locally recognizeable name.
Marie Laveau Ale, anyone?
__________________
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 681
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


I like the label...looks like you did it in Excel with wordart...that's how I started (aka, oldschool). I cut/paste everything from the net...only my friends get labels so there should be no troubles...and I actually try to reference the cut on the label (why not give props). Not what the artist wants to hear but posting should not be too much of an issue...unlikely the artist would ever even find out, but agree the worst that might happen is they ask you to remove it from the post.

Cheers.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
LouisianaVince
 
LouisianaVince's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstone
I like the label...looks like you did it in Excel with wordart...that's how I started (aka, oldschool). I cut/paste everything from the net...only my friends get labels so there should be no troubles...and I actually try to reference the cut on the label (why not give props). Not what the artist wants to hear but posting should not be too much of an issue...unlikely the artist would ever even find out, but agree the worst that might happen is they ask you to remove it from the post.

Cheers.
Thank you! Glad you like it. And you're close. I used Powerpoint and Wordart. I'm more of a presentations and wordsmithing guy than a spreadsheet guy, although I do use Excel a lot at work. What do you use, now? If I could remember where I found that image, I'd add a little artist credit. Like you said, why not?
__________________
LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
LouisianaVince
 
LouisianaVince's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Marie Laveau Ale, anyone?
Good name! I'm thinking it would have to be a brown ale.


__________________
LouisianaVince
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
Fermenting: AHS Bass Ale clone
Secondary: none
Drinking: Assorted commercial beers
Bottled: None: Drank it all!
Next up: AHS Old Speckled Hen clone, then AHS Imperial British Red

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blood Beer Igw Recipes/Ingredients 17 04-27-2014 04:45 PM
Blood Ale DeathBrewer Recipes/Ingredients 7 07-07-2008 06:09 AM
Blood Ale DeathBrewer Label Display & Discussion 1 05-06-2007 02:49 PM


Forum Jump