Coors Light Revelation - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Coors Light Revelation

Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
Jun 2010
New Mexico, New Mexico
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

It finally happened... I was drinking my Brewers Best IPA, then opened a Sierra Nevado Torpedo, then was feeling a little frisky... was out of good beer and opened my go to beer for easy drinkin and consistent reliability... Coors Light. I opened it, poured it into a nice pint glass... and looked at it. Clear, clean... check. Carbonation.... almost not present. Head... very little. Taste... bland. Oh no... what has happened? My trusted beer since I was 14 has... has.... failed! I sit here drinking it and with every taste, my hope for it drops. I believe it has finally happened... after 25 years... this beer won't work for me any longer!

FYI... my IPA isn't officially ready until Dec. 10... but damn, it tastes great!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
Mar 2007
Liked 121 Times on 100 Posts

There are 2 types of beer. Ones that taste good and the other is an alcohol delivery system. The ADS is not supposed to taste like anything.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Aug 2010
Rockford, MI
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I'm with you. I was a big Miller Lite drinker for 20 years. Not because of flavor, but because I could consume a lot of them. Now it's all over because I cannot stand the flavor any longer. Since moving to Wisconsin about 15 months ago, I only drink beers from smaller breweries, with flavor, and have to bring it back to Michigan when I visit my friends because they usually only have BMC on hand.
On Deck:--Zombie Dirt IPA --
Primary:--Kitson Kolsch--
Secondary: --nothing--
Bottled/Kegged: --Bells Oberon Clone, Autumn Amber, Lemon Light Ale, Spotted Cow Clone, Honey Bee Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Trappist Ale, Bell's Oberon Clone, Savannah Saison, Cream Ale, Fat Tire Clone, Mad Cow, Koppslam IIPA--
On Tap: Ben's IPA, Saison De Noel, Mad Cow

Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Oct 2008
California, Maryland
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew View Post
There are 2 types of beer. Ones that taste good and the other is an alcohol delivery system. The ADS is not supposed to taste like anything.

Well your Miller Lite clone on your website is the best of both worlds. I always keep a batch in one of my kegs. It is actually a crisp, clean beer and probably my favorite one to make. If you guys are looking at an "easy drinker", I'd highly recommend that kit.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Apr 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Half a shot of whiskey or scotch in a BMC (or, as Forrest says, ADS) makes you almost think it could be a cask-aged lager, maybe? If not, you're a bit drunker so less sad, hopefully.