Now for the names of you dogs! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Now for the names of you dogs!

Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Revere, MA, Massachusetts
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

For those of us w/o the 'speaking', two-legged pets in a similar thread (though I supposed you parent's can get involed, too ) what are names of you dogs, past, present and future?

Right now I've got SWMBO's 11 year old retriever/shep mix which she named Nala many years before I met her.

I used to have a great beagle named Sammy.

...Thinking of adding two beagle pups to the household and the leading names are:

Arrow (I still listen to Nillson's The Point....brings me back to childhood in a serious way)
Roo (because that's what beagles do)
Ralph Nader

Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

I have a Beagle / Basset Hound. I wanted a Basset and planned on naming him Flash, but as soon as I saw him, he just looked like a Louie to me. So, Louie it was. He's 7 years old - getting pretty gray around the eyes.

He's the best dog I've ever had

Old 01-31-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Revere, MA, Massachusetts
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
planned on naming him Flash
Flash would be a great name for a basset.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Before we were married, SWMBO bought an 11 pound Shih Tzu and named her Cookie. She's a pretty cool dog, but I feel pretty unmanly walking her around the neighborhood.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Sheepdog
Fermented
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007

My last dog was Sara, a ten lb poodle from my first marriage. What a great dog. Not very manly, but she grew on me and when I got divorced, I took her with me. She died of cancer two and a half years ago. What an awesome friend!

Now we have a Bailey and a Madison, the Old English Sheepdogs. They are brother and sister and are crazy as heck. They are good dogs, but man it is a big change going from one great, perfectly behaved dog to two crazy puppies.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Brewiz

Recipes 

May 2005
Stockbridge, Ga
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I am a big YES fan and use to have a German Shepherd that I name "Olias of Sunhillow" after one of John Anderson's album. Use to win a lot of tickets to there concerts by showing his AKC papers......

Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Sword
Flash would be a great name for a basset.
From the Dukes of Hazard...

Mine has more of a beagle face, but the body and personality is all basset

Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog
Now we have a Bailey and a Madison, the Old English Sheepdogs. They are brother and sister and are crazy as heck. They are good dogs, but man it is a big change going from one great, perfectly behaved dog to two crazy puppies.
Those are nice looking dogs - I assume they're the ones in your sig. How are they with shedding?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 529 Times on 425 Posts

"Troy."

We went to the shelter, just looking around, not planning on adopting anyone. We'd been watching a lot of "Animal Cops" and really wanted to get a dog. Now, I have NEVER been a dog person, they scared the hell out of me when I was a little kid. We just wanted to look and see.

But, as soon as I saw him, I knew that he was our boy. What sealed the deal, though, was that they had already named him "Troy." We both liked that name a lot, we were planning on using it if we had a boy (SWMBO because of its classical connotations, me because of Troy Brown). It just felt like he was really, really meant to be ours.

So, even though we had no intention of adopting any dog, much less one that we knew would grow to be ~100lbs, it really felt like we had no choice in the matter.

If we ever get a basset or something sloppy like that, I'm naming him/her "Trethewey"

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
trinitone

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Philadelphia, PA

No dogs currently, but in the past I have had a Bud (thanks A-B) and a Shorty. Both mutts. I will, one day, have me a Vizsla. I always liked Zeus and Apollo (Magnum, P.I., anyone?) but she'll probably end up with a Hungarian name of some sort.
Secondary 2: Monk's Tripel...
Bottled: Dark Star Brown Ale, Watership Stout, Yet to be named cider

Well... a person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all.

This kind of an area is the best place for survival because you do have good, basically intelligent, hard working, decent people and they're all armed to the teeth... and that's my kind of people.