Carbonated Kool-Aid.... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Carbonated Kool-Aid....

Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
HOP-HEAD
Recipes 

Oct 2008
West Michigan
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Anybody tried Carbonated Kool-Aid? I read somewhere awhile back...but can't find it now... that the kiddies and the lady folk love it.

Probably not bad with a little vodka or something added for entertainment purposes...?

Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
HexKrak
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Phoenix
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOP-HEAD View Post
Anybody tried Carbonated Kool-Aid? I read somewhere awhile back...but can't find it now... that the kiddies and the lady folk love it.

Probably not bad with a little vodka or something added for entertainment purposes...?
Watching drunk lady-folk and kids would indeed be entertaining!

But yeah, it basically comes out like generic soda. Carbed grape kool-aid tastes like regular grape soda, orange like orange etc. Like with beer, the carbonation lightens the effects of the sweetness a tad.
Primary #1: Empty
Primary #2: Empty
Primary #3: Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Bottle Conditioning/Drinking: Brown Porter, Pale blonde session ale

Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
HOP-HEAD
Recipes 

Oct 2008
West Michigan
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexKrak View Post
Watching drunk lady-folk and kids would indeed be entertaining!

But yeah, it basically comes out like generic soda. Carbed grape kool-aid tastes like regular grape soda, orange like orange etc. Like with beer, the carbonation lightens the effects of the sweetness a tad.
For the record... the vodka was meant for the ladies... not the kiddies. Though it'd be fun to watch regardless...

Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
George7845
Recipes 

Apr 2010
NY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

rofl, hop head is always the guy running into package stores for the teenagers....

haha joking, do you carbonate it like beer? just use a little yeast? or carb tabs?

Unless you're scoring with a diamond or a front-end-loader, you shouldn't damage your bottles at all.

DmentD

Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Mysticmead

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Kingston, GA
Liked 93 Times on 62 Posts

I make this all the time for swmbo.. I even make the kool-aid part with Splenda so it's a diet soda

here's how I do it..

make kool-aid (make it a little extra sweet)
add to a 2 liter soda bottle
force carb it using a cabinator cap (30psi for a week in the fridge does nicely)
make sure to shake the piss out of the bottle to help get the CO2 into solution (I do this several times a day topping off the CO2 each time)