so i had a black ipa fermenting away. i wanted to dry hop it, this was last wednesday, and only god knows why, i decided to pitch to secondary and throw in my hop pellets, only at 3 days of fermentation.
well the next day it was a mess and wort was making its way out of the carboy, so I took off stopper and airlock, had a 4" long tube of hop mass pop out of the top, so i just decided to sanitize stopper and airlock and put it back on.
Now I have a feeling it didn't ferment all the way, since I took it off primary at only 3 days. (what was I thinking?) tonight I plan on taking a gravity reading, and expecting it to be way unfinished, I'm wondering if I can pitch back into my primary bucket. I saved the yeast cake in primary bucket since I was planning on pitching my next brew on it, I put a lid on it so it's been air tight and in the fermentation fridge at 65 deg.
i know it's all kinds of room for an infection, but what are my options if my beer still has lots of fermentable sugar left?