Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > How long too long for yeast starter

Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
LizardBrew83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How long too long for yeast starter

I made up a starter on Sunday to brew today Tuesday but something has come up and it looks like I can't brew until next Sunday. The yeast is still in the fermentation process on the stir plate. Is there anything I should do to keep this until Sunday? I was thinking of taking it off the stir plate and putting it in the fridge and then on Saturday taking it out and putting it back on the stir plate. Or do I need to make another starter? It is a Wyeast bohemian lager yeast.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2855 Times on 1690 Posts
Likes Given: 3507

You could stick it into your fridge, or you could keep building it up over the next few days, then wash and jar half of it for later.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Skaggz
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A week is nothing. You'll be fine. Just be sure to keep it properly covered.
Primary 4: Chocolate Stout

Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
LizardBrew83
Recipes 

Thanks for your suggestions. It looks like I made some time on friday to brew! So I should be fine.