Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Looking for Bitches Brew in Richmond VA

Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #21
Dogphish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

He probably meant Theobroma, which isn't that special, but i will say that I bought seconds of My Antonia, and they were out of stock when i went for thirds. I love that beer. I passed on a second chance to get Bitches Brew, and i regret it now.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #22
Eichelbergerbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Obrama? I was curious as to what you were referring to, and a Google search shows no such brew ever being created by Dogfish under the name Obrama.
I think he meant Theobroma (i think thats how you spell it)

Edit: Dogphish beat me to it

Old 12-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #23
USMCYoder
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Don't know if you have a Whole Foods near you, but I know all of them in NYC have them. Also don't know if this was mentioned but DFH just did another batch that was released a couple weeks ago.
Secondary:Air
Drinking/Drank: Pale Ale, Sweet Saison x3, Chocolate Milk Stout, Maple Porter, Hoppy Belgian IPA, Belgian Wit, Blood Orange Wit(3rd NHC), Belgian Quad x2

My Keezer Build aka "The Monstrosity"

Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
sanibel14
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Obrama? I was curious as to what you were referring to, and a Google search shows no such brew ever being created by Dogfish under the name Obrama.
Yeah, sorry about the spelling on that. Theobroma came out a few months ago. Supposed to have some South American influences (Hunduras I think) cocoa, chilies, etc. I thought it tasted kind of like Midas Touch which isn't my favorite DFH brew to begin with.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #25
droopy77
Recipes 

my loving wife knew i was looking for it and i came home from work the other day and she had six large bottles of it waiting for me. i thought it was a very good beer but only as an occasional drink. i wouldn't want one everyday. i wonder how much its gonna cost me when i hear "you remember when i went all over town to find you that beer???"

Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
rgontasz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wine and beer Westpark in the West end at Broad/Pemberton next to Martins. Tell Matt and Spencer that Ron sent you! They may still have some left, but if not they have a great selection of other craft!!! By far my favorite bottle shop in Richmond!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
HollowMen_Todd
Recipes 

I had to special order 4 bottles from the internet. Bitches Brew is one of my favorite albums, and now it's definitely one of my favorite beers. Anyone who thinks otherwise I just do not understand, haha. But thats just me. I also loved theobroma (actually a little bit more). They are both really smooth, and crisp. Bitches brew makes me feel so creative and inspired. Theobroma is just a nice chill chocolatey beer. Always impressed by Sam's creations.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
Coff
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 101

My local six pack joint, The Foodery in Northern Liberties Philadelphia, got 2 cases of it and blew through it in less than 48 hours. I was lucky enough to grab 1 bottle, and it was a 1 bottle limit or I would have gotten a few, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Twitter: @ecoffy
Instagram: @ed_coffey