I was brewing a Belgian IPA today and my recipe called for belgian candi sugar. I replaced it with two bottles of simple syrup that I made from coconut sugar. After adding to the wort I sampled a small amount from the bottle's rims and detected a faint mold flavor that was in one bottle and not present in the other bottle. I am concerned with ruining the batch! There was 20 minutes left to the boil so I'm hoping that between the boil, and the higher alchohol (est.7.5) content it would eliminate the problem.
Any words of wisdom on my dilema... I'd hate to have to throw it out, it's a great recipe.