Who are the Facebook holdouts and why? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Who are the Facebook holdouts and why?

Old 11-24-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
TANSTAAFB

Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO
Liked 121 Times on 94 Posts

I am a 33 year old grad student who refuses to join the myface or the spacebook. Personally, I like my privacy. Professionally, I work in mental health and the ability of some whackjob to track me down thru facebook creeps me out.

I know I'm not alone. Who else has eschewed the digital social networks and why?

Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7032 Times on 4164 Posts

I've had a look at it and it looks stupid. I'm old I guess. Good for kids and girls, IMO. Flame on.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
EdFitz
Recipes 

Nov 2010
pitcairn, canada

Failbook is for twats and teenagers. My mother, her sisters, just about everyone I know under the age of thirty all have failbook accounts. I wouldn't join if someone put a gun to my head.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
coypoo
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Fort Collins, Colorado
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm on it, but I dont do anything on it at all. I dont think I've done anything in like 3 months. People spend waaaay too much time stalking other people on it; waste of time......time that could be spent thinking about beer

Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
TANSTAAFB

Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I've had a look at it and it looks stupid. I'm old I guess. Good for kids and girls, IMO. Flame on.
See, I've heard the old explanation, but my grandmother, professors, damn near everyone I know is on it--many of whom I consider to be intelligent people. I think perhaps you just have a modicum of self respect

Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 267 Times on 228 Posts

i joined it a couple years ago, just because i'd never seen it and didn't know what it was about. stayed there 3 days, found out most every1 there is a loser with nothing to do but talk about their boyfriends and husbands ( males and females doing that ) and jetted with a message about it being too much hens cackling, tweeting (which i can't understand doing), and bs no1 cares about

Fletch78 Likes This 
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
TANSTAAFB

Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher View Post
i joined it a couple years ago, just because i'd never seen it and didn't know what it was about. stayed there 3 days, found out most every1 there is a loser with nothing to do but talk about their boyfriends and husbands ( males and females doing that ) and jetted with a message about it being too much hens cackling, tweeting (which i can't understand doing), and bs no1 cares about
Thank you for your reply, but out of respect to Yooper and all the rest of us who still have a fundamental appreciation for the English language, please refrain from any further use of textspeak in this thread...

Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
Fletch78

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Athens GA
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
I am a 33 year old grad student who refuses to join the myface or the spacebook. Personally, I like my privacy. Professionally, I work in mental health and the ability of some whackjob to track me down thru facebook creeps me out.

I know I'm not alone. Who else has eschewed the digital social networks and why?
LinkedIn for professional stuff, facebook for family and very close friends. If some non-close friend has something going on I need to know about, I get it one way or another. Nothing but trouble on facebook. I got on with facebook after myspace ****ted the bed. Now facebook has **** the bed. I can sympathize with people on both sides of social networking participation.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #10
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7032 Times on 4164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers View Post
Luddites
No. There is no progress on Facebook. Only useless, inane banter. Unlike this great forum