Hello from Phoenix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryko1112

Reaction score
So I've been lurking on these forums for over a year now and thought I would poke my head out and finally say hello! These forums have helped my brewing experience immensely...I began brewing with the Mr. Beer kits, moved to the "real" 5 gallon true brew kits, after a few recipes I began doing partial mashes, and thanks to Deathbrewer, I began doing brew in a bag all grain batches.

Apparently all that wasn't good enough so I went out and converted a cooler into a mash tun, converted a dorm fridge into a fermentation chamber, next I need to get a chest freezer and kegs, then I'll want a bar in the house, then a shed in the back for my brewery, it'll never stop!!

Anywho, I'm in the Phoenix area, west valley, married to a great girl who also appreciates my hobby, and the father of an 18 month old girl and soon to be father to a son in April...which I need to get going on a celebratory brew! That's all for now...

Ryan

Welcome! Sounds like you're getting serious! I also have a great girl (girlfriend) that appreciates the hobby and we're brewing some irish stout right now. She just got back from AZ actually, and brought some Old Monkeyshine Ale from Nimbus brewing co. in Tucson. pretty good stuff!

I'm also out here in the sun and I'm only surprised that the ferm chamber didn't come before AG out here in the sun!

If you haven't checked them out already ASH (Arizona society of home brewers) has some awesome events, and brewers connection has some cool brew outs.

I hope I'll see you around!

ASH is good, as is BA (Brewmeisters Anonymous). I'm not very active in either, since I'm in Pinetop, but I know there's a bunch of respected brewers in Phoenix!

I'll definitely have to check out ASH, get connected with other brewer's and the like. I can only go so far with the wife in explaining the process and talking about beer before she just starts to smile and nod, haha.

As far as the ferm chamber, yeah, I did the swamp cooler method for a long time, for some reason it took me awhile to think there has got to be an easier way to get my temps down...I wasn't able to get below 70 degrees with the swamp cooler thing...people on here aren't lying when they say temp control is one of the single most important elements to brewing!

Back