Glassware: Burgundy Glass for Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanop

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, that one does look promising (though a bit smaller than I was hoping for).

I found a 32oz one on spiegelau's website called the "Brandy XL", but I can't find any stores that carry it.

They are good for tasting but nothing beats a frozen pint glass.
For big double stouts and other ott beers i use a riedel burgundy glass. They are two for fourty bucks at target. Big and really make the smells stand out

Yah, I was thinking more for tasting and at dinner. My pint glasses would still see heavy rotation.

If you can't find a particular glass on ebay or amazon on the cheap. I think pub glasses has reasonable prices.

They sent me the wrong glass once, and let me keep the wrong one in addition to the right one. Good customer service.

I used to use frozen pint glasses but they get condensation and water down your beer. They also make your beer really cold which is great if you don't want to taste it.

...nothing beats a frozen pint glass..

As said, not a good choice at all.

Snifters are a good, one-size-fits-all glass. Not always the best choice, but if you are only looking for a single style, choose the snifter.

I understand not wanting to drink a beer slushy, but starting with a cold glass and drinking it as it warms gives me different tastes and smells as it warms and opens up. Its great for big hoppy beers, or when in early november it is still in the 90's and i dont want a warm beer in 10 minutes..

It really depends on style, IMHO. I won't turn down a light lager that is carefully poured in something frosty if it is given to me on a hot summer day (altough I would never do that myself). The same thing couldn't be said for an ESB or a Stout though.

I do like Root Beer in frusty mugs. We have A&W up here in Canada and I have fond memories of going there with my dad to wolf down a teen with onion rings and a frosty of root beer after skiing.

I use a snifter. $2 at Ikea, works great, holds a ton of beer.

Just reviving an old thread... I was at IKEA last month and picked up one of these for $3. It's great! For the price, everyone should have one!

optimal-brandy-glass__26315_PE095982_S4.jpg

:mug:

Back