Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Punk Rock and Hardcore
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1381
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Qhrumphf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,529
Liked 2085 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
so, we've got rudies, punks, hardcores; but anyone publicly claim skin?
More skin than rudie, but way more trad than Oi!. Which I guess means more rudie and mod than punk. Hah.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoeddogbrewery View Post
Been drinking there weak ass qhrumphish ABV beers all day on an empty stomach and still don't have a decent buzz.
In Bottles: Session Beers
In Fermenters: More Session Beers
Planned: Even More Session Beers

On Cask: House Extra Special Bitter
Qhrumphf is online now
Billy-Klubb Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #1382
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Windom, MN
Posts: 8,774
Liked 4087 Times on 2485 Posts
Likes Given: 7445

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf View Post
More skin than rudie, but way more trad than Oi!. Which I guess means more rudie and mod thank punk. Hah.
to most people, that would be incoherent babbling. fortunately, I know what you're talking about. trad started picking up (hahaha!!) a bit more, but still seems like a dying breed. good to see they're still out there.


__________________
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Billy-Klubb is offline
Qhrumphf Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #1383
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Qhrumphf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,529
Liked 2085 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
to most people, that would be incoherent babbling. fortunately, I know what you're talking about. trad started picking up (hahaha!!) a bit more, but still seems like a dying breed. good to see they're still out there.
Yeah, it just means my fashion sense costs more than I can afford. And it's harder to find.

There's still a number of us around, at least around here. Find a club with a reggae/rocksteady or Northern Soul night and I'm sure there'll be at least one or two. Unfortunately I can't think of one who was actually ALIVE in 1969.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoeddogbrewery View Post
Been drinking there weak ass qhrumphish ABV beers all day on an empty stomach and still don't have a decent buzz.
In Bottles: Session Beers
In Fermenters: More Session Beers
Planned: Even More Session Beers

On Cask: House Extra Special Bitter
Qhrumphf is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #1384
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Windom, MN
Posts: 8,774
Liked 4087 Times on 2485 Posts
Likes Given: 7445

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf View Post
Yeah, it just means my fashion sense costs more than I can afford. And it's harder to find.

There's still a number of us around, at least around here. Find a club with a reggae/rocksteady or Northern Soul night and I'm sure there'll be at least one or two. Unfortunately I can't think of one who was actually ALIVE in 1969.
where we're at, I have to travel 2+ hours in any direction to find anyone who knows what reggae, rocksteady, ska, or northern soul is. man, if wasn't for these fancy interwebs, we'd be isolated.
__________________
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Billy-Klubb is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #1385
HellBound
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 334
Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb
so, we've got rudies, punks, hardcores; but anyone publicly claim skin?
It's all I claim.
__________________
PRIMARY NightHawk IIPA
SECONDARY Shut Your Face IPA
BOTTLED Unlucky 13 Irish Red
HellBound is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1386
Alcoheroe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomieu

Alcoheroe: what part of columbus are you in? I saw your mash tun thread, if you hit me up i can show you what i use/have used, trade some beers maybe.
I'm just outside the outer belt between Dublin and Worthington.
Alcoheroe is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #1387
GrantH
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hattiesburg, MS, Mississippi
Posts: 326
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

My buddies band "The Down and Outs" are pretty damn awesome!
GrantH is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #1388
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,088
Liked 212 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

What does "Punk Rock" mean to you?

A: A form of music.
B: A rebellious stance I.E. "I'll do what I want regardless of what you think"
C: A style of dress
D: Other (explain)
__________________
Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process
dfc is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #1389
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,088
Liked 212 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

BTW, to me it depends on context. Punk rock to me encompasses parts of A, B and C, but to me, primarily it's B. That's what punk was founded upon as far as I'm concerned.
__________________
Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process
dfc is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #1390
Indytruks138
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,170
Liked 239 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
What does "Punk Rock" mean to you?

A: A form of music.
B: A rebellious stance I.E. "I'll do what I want regardless of what you think"
C: A style of dress
D: Other (explain)
I'm going to mostly go with A. I know B is the driving force behind the music, but without the music there is no punk movement. Music is an outlet for people, I like punk because we don't have to agree with each other's beliefs, we don't have to vote the same way or anything, we just have to want that release that a good fast hard song can bring you, whether on stage or in the pit.


__________________
2 Punks Brewery
Indytruks138 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
top 5 rock keyboardist... cgravier General Chit Chat 20 05-31-2013 05:07 PM
How to keep (punk @ss) juveniles away? BierMuncher General Chit Chat 28 08-22-2012 05:41 AM
Kid Rock! BigKahuna General Chit Chat 23 08-02-2008 04:40 AM
Rock Chalk! Chriso General Chit Chat 13 01-04-2008 09:51 PM
Do you like Rock, Southern Rock, or Blues? nymike82 General Chit Chat 1 08-31-2005 03:43 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS