2 months ago I brewed a hefeweizen with this recipe
. I splt the 5 gallons into 2 2.5 gallon beers. 1 I kegged up and and drank fresh, it was delicious, thanks Joe Dragon.
The second 2.5 Gallons I racked on top of 5 pounds of halved cranberrys. I soaked the cranberrys in starsan before I halved them. About a week or so later I opened to check progress and I saw a small pellicle. I hadn't pitched any bacteria so it was a wild pellicle. My first reaction was "Crap I was really looking forward to my cranberry hefeweizen, now ive got nothing" I could not bring my self to dump so it sat for a month. Meanwhile I know I need to just try it.
Last night I did and I am sure this will be a beer I talk about for years to come. I only hope I will be able to reproduce it in some way. I took pictures before I racked to bright tank: