Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Another kegerator build

Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
briewer2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Another kegerator build

Had to leave my old kegerator behind when we moved, thinking I would just bottle. Well, bottling blows so I bought a craigslist fridge yesterday. Just wanted to pass along my plans and hope for some good advice.

Fridge is a big one, 18.8cf, freezer on top. I want two faucets this time with room for a stout faucet later on. I want perlick 525ss as of this time. I think I am going to buy a keg cowboy dual reg into a four-way manifold (one for force carbing, four for serving) unless someone convinces me to go for the micromatic premium. 10lb co2 seems to be good size, which i will strap into a back corner.

Questions:
Is the perlick with the creamer worth buying? I dont really know what they do, my beer has foam already

The floor of the fridge goes up about 8" in the back to make room for the compressor. Should I make the top of that the floor level for the fridge or should I make a two tier platform so the front kegs have more space above them?

Any comments are appreciated, even insults.

Thanks,
Ben