Calling all Cigar Smokers! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Calling all Cigar Smokers!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

Just figured I'd see who all the stogie smoking brewers were. I work for a cigar company in Miami (http://drewestate.com), and love cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
CoalCracker

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Macungie, Pa
Liked 106 Times on 65 Posts

I enjoy one occasionally. Going to the cabin the week after next and will likely smoke atleast one a day.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
MeanGreen
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Dallas/McKinney

I and BadgerBrewer are regular puffers when brewing and drinking.

Sorry to say haven't experienced a Drew Estate smoke yet. I mainly stick to Perdomo Champagnes, ESV 91, and any of the Vintage Patels 99, 90, 92.

I do have an interesting scenario going with a beer we made. It was inspired by the hoptober Golden Ale from NB. It is borderline undrinkable on its own. the bitterness is overwhelming for some reason.

However if you drink it while smoking a stoge, its a perfect IPA. Its literally the most bizarre thing. I want to research what in the tongue/tastebuds could cause this.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
prosper
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Edmonton
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I enjoy a good cigar every few weeks.

Cohiba siglo iv's are my overall favourite, and then cuban partagas - but I also enjoy CAO brasilias, Padrons, macanudo maduros, cuban hoyo de monterrey and bolivars - and arturo fuente also makes a bunch of really tasty cigars. The non-cuban Punch cigars are also a good smoke for a really decent price.

There are a bunch of cigars out there that I really DON'T like, though - perdomo's top the list, as well as non-cuban La Gloria Cubana. And I've never been much of a follower of the cuban Montecristo #2

Old 11-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
I enjoy a good cigar every few weeks.

Cohiba siglo iv's are my overall favourite, and then cuban partagas - but I also enjoy CAO brasilias, Padrons, macanudo maduros, cuban hoyo de monterrey and bolivars - and arturo fuente also makes a bunch of really tasty cigars. The non-cuban Punch cigars are also a good smoke for a really decent price.
If you enjoy maduros, you should definitely check out our Liga Privada No. 9. Great cigar, but hard to find since the production is limited.

Quote:
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 11-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Mischief_Brewing

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Montpelier, VT
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I really tried to get into cigars a few years back, enough to fill 2 200 count humidors pretty full, but just haven't had it in me to smoke them that often. I break out the international mail order cubans (gotta love the internet!) during parties, but rarely smoke them otherwise.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2195 Times on 768 Posts

What do you do for them? I love Fuentes.

Register Now!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew View Post
What do you do for them? I love Fuentes.
I built and manage our Facebook, Twitter, blog, online store, and manage the booking of the tours we run at our factory in Nicaragua, aptly called Cigar Safari. Plus, I receive all customer service emails and phone calls.

Quote:

Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
tlael

Recipes 

May 2010
St. Louis, MO Area
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well.... If it ain't Mister Johnny.....
Yep, I've been known to smoke some cheap ass cigars.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
smakudwn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2009
St.Charles, MO
Liked 59 Times on 43 Posts

Love the cigars. Haven t had much from Drew Esates.