Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Headed to Detroit, looking for a good beer stores!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
WolvinMaine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Headed to Detroit, looking for a good beer stores!

Hey guys,

I am headed back to Michigan for the holidays. I will be staying with family around Brighton, and I want to pick up some good local brews to bring back and taste with the guys in my homebrew club. We can't get any Michigan beers here, so stuff like Bell's Two Hearted goes unknown in this area. I am looking to bring some Bell's back, but I would also love to track down some Jolly Pumpkin, Founders, etc. Anyway, I am looking ideally to purchase beers by the bottle so I can get a wide assortment, and hopefully don't run into issues crossing into Canada as we head home to Maine. (I believe I read a case of beer is ok to bring into Canada, but not more). I asked my brother, and his idea of a good beer store is Meijer...so I am looking for suggestions around the westside of Detroit or Ann Arbor. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

How far from Brighton are you willing to drive to get beer? I haven't lived in Brighton in a number of years and can't recall any decent stores in that city. But I can give you plenty of places in the Metro Detroit area, even as far in port huron.

Merchant's Fine Wine is Dearborn has one of the best bottle selections. And the countries first female (and one of the first anyway) cicerone is from there. It's probably the closest that I can gaurentee has the best selection between Dearborn and Brighton.

22250 Michigan Avenue
Dearborn, MI 48124-2225
(313) 563-8700

Here's their website http://www.merchantsfinewine.com/beer.html

Here's a partial beer list of theirs http://www.merchantsfinewine.com/bee...rian_Beer.html

You can also try Craft beer locator to look around the west side as well. http://www.craftbeerlocator.com/craf...ator/index.php

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Super Liquor IV in Ann Arbor. It is very rare that I say anything good about Ann Arbor , but this place is great.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile.../?view=beerfly

Carboy 1: Tart Cherry Belgian Ale
Keg 1: Mad Hops IPA

Dallas Homebrew Collective

Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
WolvinMaine
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

I am headed into Ann Arbor for a day or two, so it sounds like Super Liquor IV maybe a good place to check out.