The "My Day has gone like Sh1t" thread - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The "My Day has gone like Sh1t" thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 423 Times on 332 Posts

Maybe not my day, but certainly the past three days have.

Saturday: I had to drive an hour and a half just to let the National Guard rest easy in knowing that I am taking advantage of what they have to offer as far as benefits. Then my wife had to put the dog down. That happened while I was away and by the time I got home my wife was completely distraught. Thank you, National Guard, for ensuring that I have to be away from my family for "death by Power Point" in an attempt to make sure that I'm not staying away from my family. Then, to top off things, the batch of beer I made on Friday has an infection and the yeast has refused to muster so much as a single bubble. There's more regarding school, the post-9/11 GI Bill, holidays, employment agencies, and Veterans' benefits in general but I feel this detail is enough.

Who else had a sh1t weekend/day and wants to drink a bit?

murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
isurf
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Galveston Texas
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Traffic stop, dude had a loaded .40 under his seat... So was his wallet. But it got better, I hit my FG on my "Endless Summer Pale Ale" after 15 days.

Reason: ther is no final og

Old 11-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Western Arkansas
Liked 282 Times on 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyPortion View Post
Maybe not my day, but certainly the past three days have.

Saturday: I had to drive an hour and a half just to let the National Guard rest easy in knowing that I am taking advantage of what they have to offer as far as benefits. Then my wife had to put the dog down. That happened while I was away and by the time I got home my wife was completely distraught. Thank you, National Guard, for ensuring that I have to be away from my family for "death by Power Point" in an attempt to make sure that I'm not staying away from my family. Then, to top off things, the batch of beer I made on Friday has an infection and the yeast has refused to muster so much as a single bubble. There's more regarding school, the post-9/11 GI Bill, holidays, employment agencies, and Veterans' benefits in general but I feel this detail is enough.

Who else had a sh1t weekend/day and wants to drink a bit?

SH!t, man, I am so fvcking sorry! Here's an idea, why don't you go active?? Same benefits, more shooting..

Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #4

Hmm, I hate your video but I did have a bad beer day.

Got home from a weekend away to keg my two batches which were cooling at 40 or so. Got everything set up to find my one CO2 tank was empty - filled it last week so I had a leak. Bummer. Then I found my second CO2 tank empty for legitimate reasons (much beer!) And then spent an hour looking for my tools to fix the problems and finally got everything sorted with my 3rd Co2 tank (which had a faulty regulator on it) and now i'm finished and... no beer! Ak! My 2 kegs are just carbonating now and I can't get beer out of my 3 others. Lots of clean up and no beer is a bad day. On the other hand I am off to the sotre now to get some so perhaps all will be fine later this evening!!

Anyway in the middle of all this I was thinking God who needs this Sh1te, maybe I need a new hobby.

Now that I'm done, well I am planning my brew day on Wednesday my day off!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
SH!t, man, I am so fvcking sorry! Here's an idea, why don't you go active?? Same benefits, more shooting..
Active? With 3 deployments and 1 possible on the way why bother?
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #6
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 808 Times on 512 Posts

My day had a lot in common with yours. I don't feel like posting details. Simply, Prost!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI

As bad as it is for me, it's even worse for my wife. Stuck in a job she hates and her dog of 9 years just died. She's having it really rough right now (shut up, LGI) and is often near or at tears. The only pluses were stopping at Steve's Liquor and finding a sake that she'd been searching 3 years for and getting some free samples of food at our favorite sushi restaurant. Otherwise it's been crap. That's why I'm drinking the limited Jack Daniel's Fort McCoy whiskey and watching Netflix reruns of The Office.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #8
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest

Ok, your day sucked more. My dog's still alive. He eats poop. No matter what we do, he still eats poop. He likes single malt scotch, but I'll be damned if his poop laden tongue touches my good scotch.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Ok, your day sucked more. My dog's still alive. He eats poop. No matter what we do, he still eats poop. He likes single malt scotch, but I'll be damned if his poop laden tongue touches my good scotch.
I tried to feed my dog beer but she was a teetotaler. Meh, more for me.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #10
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest

I told a friend my dog likes beer. She tried letting him drink from a can. He cut his tongue. Lush.