Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Left Coast Brewing

Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
TheWeeb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Left Coast Brewing

Interesting, just showed up here in Denver; Colorado is not even listed on their site as a state they distribute to. I had the Belgian Trip "Asylum" and it was extremely good. The beer guy at the store advised against the "Hop Juice" saying it has a bad rubbing alcohol flavor.

Californians Please Comment!

Up Next: Imperial Rhubarb Wheat
Fermenting:
Enjoying: too many odd bottles to list..

Old 11-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Yankeehillbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I think Hop Juice is awesome personally. It's a big beer at 9.5% ABV, so he may just be tasing some alcohol as the beer warms up. Nothing wrong with that IMO. If you like big IIPA's, I would definitely suggest Hop Juice. It's the only beer that I have had of theirs, so I can't really speak to the Brewerey itself. I just know that it is in SoCal, San Clemente to be specific.

Primary #1:IPA
Primary #2:
Secondary:
On Deck: Pilsener, Brown, Barleywine, Coffee Porter

Old 11-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
nikkormat
Recipes 

haven't had the hop juice but I just bought the torrey pines IPA. went to torrey pines high school. I kinda want to go to my old school and drink it in the parking lot.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
nikkormat
Recipes 

if anyone was wondering, the IPA was actually really forgettable. just really mediocre all around.

if you're looking for a good west coast IPA check out port brewings IPA or the ballast point IPA, which just hit shelves in six packs for 14.99. a single bomber used to cost 7.99, wonder how long that pricing's gonna hold up.