Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin Ale Review
Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin Ale Review

At first sight,this beer wants to be consumed,deep copper,red,brown color.The carbonation level was a little low,however it seemed to stick around nicely(what there was).The nose was a nice mix of maltiness and subtle spice notes.The first quaffage was not too over the top spicy,one noteI noticed was black pepper...As this beer warmed up and a second sip told a different story...hints of maple,bourbon oak notes,ever so slight"pumpkin" spicyness but a nice malt backbone and alcohol heat to balance this beer out ,The hop aroma and flavor was hard to make out, Surely a malt foward beer.After a minute or so the alcohol warmth really levels out this beer.almost a hint of black pepper on the aftertaste. the tail end of this beer seemed to dry out fairly fast and didnt offend my palate.Now, I dont particularly care for spice beers, but I was pleasantly surprised with this beer and enjoyed it greatly.

Final Gravity Podcast