Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > ANYONE in Indiana want to learn AG brewing??

Old 01-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
Brewpilot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default ANYONE in Indiana want to learn AG brewing??

I think I may like to share what I have learned with future AG brewers... and help them design thier first AG setup.

Brewpilot

Old 01-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Kegofclub
Recipes 

eventually, yes..
I'm new to the brewing and still getting stuff ($, supplies) together to try a my first couple extract brews...but if i get as addicted as i think i may then i'm sure i'll want to advance on up to AG.
Thinking of starting with some sort of Brown Ale. i haven't narrowed down yet..
I'm just down the road from ya too.
Muncie

Old 01-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
Brewpilot
Recipes 

You are already hooked, look, you are a part of a web community about brewing

Muncie, yeah that is not far at all... I have a pretty simple, yet really efficient AG setup, that I am in the process of "improving". Hope I don't mess it up! I have never done an extract batch, but will be messin' with some DME for my starters now. Wish me luck with that! LOL

Brewpilot

Old 01-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Brewpilot
Recipes 

Also, if you dont have a great LHBS near you, I highly recommend Austin Homebrew Supply... they are top notch!

Brewpilot

Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Kegofclub
Recipes 

Ok, your right....I'm hooked
I just checked out the local shop..they seemed to have everything i could think of and priced very close to what i see on the web (minus shipping!) My only concern is I don't know how much business they do so I'm afraid you might have to blow the dust off some of their ingredients..which can't be good. They did have a nice sized temp controlled case of different yeast strains too.
Also
Do you do much kegging?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Brewpilot
Recipes 

I dont, but I am going to start, bottling stinks and kegs are cheap... you can buy a whole 5 gallon kegging setup for $150... and it is well worth it. Grains are pretty forgiving if they are not milled, which no ones stock is... extract I think has a date on the can (never used it ugh) I order alot online because my LHBS carries alot of malts, but not the ones that I need for complex beers. AHS charges 5.99 for all shipping, flat rate!

Brewpilot