Question on Welch's grape juice wine - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Winemaking Forum > Question on Welch's grape juice wine

Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
keith_b
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Henderson, TX., Texas

Thanks for the reply Justibone. I am trying to maintain some patience but it is almost like Christmas morning and a bunch of unopened presents sitting under the tree... ha... Maybe once I bottle a batch the first time I will not have this burning desire to get a batch bottled. Actually it may be awhile before I pull the trigger as I try to read up, ask questions and make sure I at least have some idea what I am doing and why I am doing it.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #12
Rossnaree
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Upstate NY
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

In case you no longer have your instructions:

http://www.howtobrew.com/appendices/appendixA.html

Primary: Chardonel
Secondary: Apfelwein, Chambourcin, Blackstone Pond American Ale, King of the North, Concord, 2nd wine from pulp of both
Bottled: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Dortmunder, King of the North (2010), Apfelwein (2010), Lesser Wilderness Mead (2010), King of the North (2nd wine - 2010)

Old 11-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #13
keith_b
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Henderson, TX., Texas

Thank you. Saves me from having to riff through all the kitchen drawers and cabinets to find my paper work...

Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
Rossnaree
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Upstate NY
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You're welcome! If your kitchen is anything like mine, "drawers and cabinets" and "paperwork" don't go together in the same sentence. I'm wondering how long it'll take us to clutter up our Favorites in the same w---- oh, duh, I already did. At least I was able to find that, lol!

Primary: Chardonel
Secondary: Apfelwein, Chambourcin, Blackstone Pond American Ale, King of the North, Concord, 2nd wine from pulp of both
Bottled: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Dortmunder, King of the North (2010), Apfelwein (2010), Lesser Wilderness Mead (2010), King of the North (2nd wine - 2010)

Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
keith_b
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Henderson, TX., Texas

Well I pulled the cork on one of the bottles of Welch's Grape Juice wine this evening. Sat on the front porch in 75 degree weather and sipped the first glass as the sun set. So, it isn't great wine but hey, it is drinkable and by golly I made it myself. Sipped a little more and as it got dark brought the wine glass and bottle in and realized I had "sipped" about 3/4 of the bottle. Even had a little buzz...ha...
So thanks to everyone who answered my newbie questions and offered their encouragement as I went through the process of making, bottling and tasting my first batch of wine. It certainly will not be my last!