Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Share Your Soda Syrup Recipes Here!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
schreck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Share Your Soda Syrup Recipes Here!

I finally decided to give soda making a try after seeing one of Alton Brown's Good Eats episodes. I have been brewing beer and making wines/meads for a while now, and with the switch to kegging seeming ever more enticing, i cant wait to make seltzer/club soda and offer it on tap alongside my beer. After searching the forum, and looking in the recipe section, there is no place to post soda recipes. I am talking specifically about homemade syrups. Ones that we can make, and hopefully jar and preserve for a nice amount of time (similar to the extracts and syrups you can buy).

I am hoping this can serve as a place to share and compile our recipes. Hopefully we can help eachother and help others looking to give syrup making a try.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
yodalegomaster
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Good idea, I would love to learn how too.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
callmebruce
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I took a large container of strawberries, cleaned them, then halved them. I ran them through a food processor, then I cooked them down in a pan to make a syrup. I put the syrup through a very fine sieve.

I then put 2 cups of water in a pot, heated it to just under a boil and added 2 cups of sugar - making a simple sugar syrup.

For drinks I used 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup and one tablespoon sugar syrup. Added seltzer. Blended it to taste (more strawberry syrup, more sugar). I mixed them together and used for making strawberry floats - a couple tablespoons strawberry and sugar syrup, then vanilla ice cream, then more syrup and more vanilla ice cream - followed up by seltzer. Strawberry floats were great! Strawberry soda? Not so much.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
duganderson
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've made syrups from both Rainbow and Gnome extracts......they turn out great.

I follow the recipe but only add 1/4 or 1/5th the amount of water specified. I then add 3/4 or 4/5 the ratio of carbonated water when I'm mixing it.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Cheapspkrs111
Recipes 

Default Red Bull Soda

I bought a red bull extract. I was given a recipe with it to try a Red Bull clone. Although the Red bull clone recipe was a failure....With it a Red Bull soda was born!! I swear it tastes just like a cross between Red bull and Mountain Dew. I bought the extract from Bev Art Brewer and Winemaker Supply in Chicago Illinois. I think he packages the extract himself. The recipe he came up with is completely changed for the soda so you'll have to tweak it yourself.... or contact me!!! In it I put Caffeine and a B complex powder. Whooooooo doggy!!!! If you call Bev Art to buy it by mail tell him Tim McAtee Referred You!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #6
fermenteverything
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If someone could provide a root beer recipe, I would be more than grateful.