15 gallon system
two 5500W elements
60A GFCI breaker in home panel and 60A outlet at stand
Run both 5500W elements at the same time
I'm using Kal's awesome build and website as a template for how I want to build my panel. The big difference is that I want to run both elements at the same time, thus the 60A input into the panel. After studying Kal's layout, I think there are only a few changes that I would need to make for this to work. Besides the changes below, everything else would remain the same as Kal's design.
1) hardwire 60A feed to the enclosure
2) replace 30A relay with 60A relay at the power input
3) bring both the boil element relay and the HLT element relay hot wiring back to the 60A relay so that no wire ever sees more than 30A
4) add a 30A fast blow fuse in each wire to protect the boil element and HLT element relays
5) instead of a 3 way selector to choose which element is on, use on-off selector for each 30A relay
6) and I was going to add an E-stop button in the control circuit feeding the 60A relay
Of course finding a 60A relay isn't real easy but I think this one will work:
Am I missing anything? I know a picture is worth a thousand words but I don't have a means of drawing up a schematic so, hopefully, this is somewhat clear. Thanks for the help and input!