Newb Equipment Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale_mongrel

Reaction score
Ive been hanging here (its been nice by the way) absorbing all I can admiring all the brew rigs, kegerators and keezers, and absoloutly drooling over some of the amazing looking brews i see here and I think to myself, when money frees up, Im gonna go to my lhbs buy my kit and brew awseome beer!!! Well folks Im proud to announce I am one step closer!!! Ive been lurking craigslist for used brew equipment for about 3 weeks and nothing. Then I find a guy with some worth while sounding stuff so the swmbo ( i know what that means now so I can use it) take a couple hour ride, and I hit the newb gold mine. Two bottling buckets, two fermenting buckets, auto siphon, racking tubing, two cappers, a five gallon glass carboy, hydrometers, thermometers, beer thief, 8 fliptop golsh style bottles, caps for bottles brushes and a 40 quart steel pot, and some other stuff Im sure im forgetting all in really good shape that has seen very limited use (once or twice a year) over a 10 year span. And what would I expect to pay for all this cool stuff??? I ask the guy "umm...so what do you want for everything you have here??" I ask expecting to hear some exorbident price I cant afford, and figuring in my head how to sayd "ya i can give you this and umm ill take this this and that...." Much to my great glee and surprise, the guy says " 100 bucks and Ill even help you load it in your car." Awestruck I whip out 5 20's just about stuff em in the guys pocket as I gather everything together before he changes his mind. Just a few more bottles, Ive got like 38 I think saved. and Picking what delicious brew will be my first. What a Day!!!:rockin::rockin::mug::tank::ban:

Glorious. I say you celebrate by picking up a 12 pack of your favorite beer and hitting that 50 bottle mark!

Back