just a quick update. I found another thread with fellow brewers describing similar symptoms. Link for anyone interested.
The quick summary from this thread is that it could be wild yeast or a bacterial infection, and the common theme was to bottle right away in hopes that higher CO2 will kill a bacterial infetion. The next step is to nuke all equipment with bleach or strong sanitizer to prevent from happening again. If its wild yeast it may cause off flavors in the beer, but I have drank Heineken before.
So I bottled and it tasted fine or like I would expect a porter to taste. I plan to let sit in bottles for awhile, build up carbonation and see what happens next.
As far as ingredients go. This was grain and extract brew. I don't recall the quantities off the top off my head. The yeast was a Wyeast Smack Pack for Irish Stout. Wyeast was also a common theme in the above thread, maybe because its a popular yeast option, maybe because it may cause weird white filmy surface layers in your secondary fermentation.
I will post an update if anything develops in the bottle.