Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > New Member Intro

Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Bittersweet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New Member Intro

Hey Home Brewers - I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. This is a great forum filled with tons of resources. I've been lurking here the last few days and I have learned so much already.

I'm new to home brewing, and can't wait to get started. But, I'm trying to be patient and learn all I can before I take the plunge. I'm reading How to Brew by Palmer and have really just been overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the great info there.

I also wanted to let you all know that I am a graphic designer and illustrator by trade, so, if anyone needs any feedback on their labels or on their logos, that's what I do for a living, so I would be happy to give advice/pointers. And let me just say that I woke up this morning thinking, "how in the heck do I get my labels to stick on the bottles - glue? specialty paper? Avery labels?" Then I came to this forum and looked in the labels sections...MILK - frickin' milk of all crazy things, I would have never thought of milk. So, there's one giant piece of info learned from this forum. (just the first of many, I'm sure)

Hope all is well, and I can't wait to begin my first brew this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes. I purchased a kit for my first run, just to get the hang of things. Do most people here brew from kits or all-grain brewing, or formulate their own recipes? I'm curious to know how advanced the folks here are (I'm sure there's a range)

OK, thanks for letting my join your nice forum. Talk soon.
Jamie

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
DrawTap88
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Welcome to one of the funnest hobbies there is and the HBT boards.

I'm sure just about everybody here started with a kit. Lots of good resources for that type of brewing here, as I'm sure you already know.

Any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Kegged: IPA, Red Rye

Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
DeBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Glad to have you aboard and keep us posted on the first batch! And always remember RDWHAHB. It almost always solves your "problem". Cheers!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
SoonerDoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Welcome!