Tasty, refreshing American Wheat with a nice lemon flavor
- 1 lbs. Best Pale Ale Malt
- 1 lbs. Midwest Wheat Malt
- 3 lbs. Wheat Liquid Extract
- 3 lbs. Ultralight Extract
- 1 oz. Hallertau (Pellets, 4.50 %AA) boiled 60 min.
- 1 oz. Hallertau (Pellets, 4.50 %AA) boiled 15 min.
- .5 gal. Lemonade (Simply Lemonade, strained with cheese cloth to get rid of the pulp)
Mash 1lb. of wheat malt for 45min. at 156 degrees, sparge
Add extract and turn up heat
Boil for 60min.
Mind hop schedule (above)
Cool down, rack into primary, pitch yeast
Primary for 7 days
Secondary for 21 days
Rack into keg, add lemonade and two campden tablets (crushed into powder)
*I am not sure how this might work for bottling. Could the sugar from the lemonade replace the sugar you would normally add before bottling? I gave up bottling long ago, so you are on your own for that