Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Burner Advice

Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
harley03
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Burner Advice

Well I getting ready to purchase two of these burners and was wondering if anybody can testify towards their heating ability and performance. I know there have been some other post in the past but I was looking for more recent reviews.

I plan on using sanke kegs with both and brewing about 10 gallons. The burners seem like a good deal to me. A description of the burners is below along with the link. I could not figure out on how to insert an image.

I also heard that the kegs bairly fit on the burners with about a 1/2 inch on either side. Should not be a big deal though! If the burners are that good I wonder why more people do not use them. Let me know what you guys think I do not want to have to buy more burners in the future.

http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/kab4_banjo_burner.htm

Kick A Banjo Burner
Item #: KAB4

Price: $69.99

The Kick A Banjo Outdoor Propane Stove is one of the hottest high pressure propane stoves on the market. This high pressure propane stove includes a 30 PSI regulator kit. This propane stove, with the 30 PSI regulator and the large round stove element, kicks out the minimum of 210,000 BTUs. This stove will boil a 120 quart stock pot full of water in no time! (Perfect for those Cajuns that want to play with the big boys!) It has a 17" x 17" cooking surface which helps maximize its strong stable design. Perfect for large batch cooking, backyards, camps, RVs, tailgating, scouting and more.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
trinitone

Recipes 

I don't have one yet, but that is what I am planning on getting. By the way, Amazon and Home Depot both have it for $65 with free shipping.

Secondary 2: Monk's Tripel...
Bottled: Dark Star Brown Ale, Watership Stout, Yet to be named cider

Well... a person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all.

This kind of an area is the best place for survival because you do have good, basically intelligent, hard working, decent people and they're all armed to the teeth... and that's my kind of people.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

The Bayou Classic is an awesome burner. Ditto on the Home Cheapo. That's where I got mine. The keg has about 1/2 on the stand, but I just welded on some steel tube and made the platform a bit bigger (a diamond shape around the square) I'd post a pic, but the camera is on the fritz right now.

Zip ties are the duct tape of the 21st century

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
Beer Weevel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default One awsome burner

This is the biggest. baddest. best burner on the market today. It is hot literally, it gives the hottest flame, and is quiet, what it is'nt is fuel efficent but like I've always said "It's Brewing!!" and I'd do it no matter what fuel costs. Like Hopfan said the sankes will work and if you like to be super safe it would be easy to modify. This aspect certainly would'nt be a deal killer for me. BUY IT!!! This a best buy, at least for me. Ask THE BIRD he has one too.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Erbium:YAG

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smogman
This is the biggest. baddest. best burner on the market today. It is hot literally, it gives the hottest flame, and is quiet, what it is'nt is fuel efficent but like I've always said "It's Brewing!!" and I'd do it no matter what fuel costs. Like Hopfan said the sankes will work and if you like to be super safe it would be easy to modify. This aspect certainly would'nt be a deal killer for me. BUY IT!!! This a best buy, at least for me. Ask THE BIRD he has one too.

I second that motion! I have one too and it lives up to it's name.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Yup. It

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Brewiz

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Just mounted 2 on Brew-Tus last night and they rock can't wait to brew Sunday...

Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 111

I'm not sure about the fuel efficiency (or lack thereof) yet. My first time, I had the burned turned up way too high for most of the boil. My last batch, I had it barely on, and it was able to easily maintain a perfect roiling boil. I'll let you know in four or five batches, but so far, it doesn't seem to be worse than the standard jet burner turkey fryers.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
harley03
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Thanks for all the input everybody!
I think I will order two burners this evening. Like mentioned before I can always weld some extra length of metal on the ends for safety which is no big deal. I also like the idea of the burner being quieter unlike my current metal fusion burner.