Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The Sunday Drive
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
scrambledegg81's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SLO-town, CA
Posts: 1,861
Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default The Sunday Drive

Definitely a lost tradition amongst many people today. By yourself, or with the fam in tow, nothing really pulls the plug on stress & worry like piling into the car, cranking up some good jazz, and just driving for a few hours.

Ahhhhh.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerandloathinginaustin View Post
It's yeast ejaculate. Just try not to get it on your face.
Primary: Nada
Secondary: The Plinian Legacy (NB clone of Pliny the Elder)
Bottled/Fridge: Firestone Easy Jack IPA
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: Firestone 17th & 18th Anniversary ales
Kegerator: Uinta Hop Notch IPA
Coming Up: something spiffy, most likely
scrambledegg81 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Pappers_
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pappers_'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12,695
Liked 1224 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 2374

Default

I can see that. Certainly was a part of Sundays when I was a kid. But now, I drive too damn much already.


Pappers_ is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,812
Liked 2868 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

Default

Yeah, my dad used to do it...I loved it.
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew
Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,535
Liked 3569 Times on 3447 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Overrated. Sunday drives around here mean being stuck behind the leaf peepers who act as if nobody else has anywhere to go.
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 46,500
Liked 6884 Times on 5846 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Overrated. Sunday drives around here mean being stuck behind the leaf peepers who act as if nobody else has anywhere to go.
Boo hoo. A few thousand people come to look at the beautiful trees for what, a week or two out the year?

Try living in an area where hundreds of millions of people* from Phoenix and Tucson come every ****ing weekend from before Memorial Day to past Labor Day



* -Aand yes, that is an exaggeration. A slight one.
AZ_IPA is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
shecky
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shecky's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Watertown, CT
Posts: 38,535
Liked 3569 Times on 3447 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Boo hoo. A few thousand people come to look at the beautiful trees for what, a week or two out the year?
Sort of. We get people all year who want to see where Meryl Streep, Kevin Bacon, Michael J. Fox, etc., etc., spend their summers. They'll drive around aimlessly for hours on the country roads.

Besides, nobody under the age of 65 purposely goes to Arizona.
shecky is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
scrambledegg81's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SLO-town, CA
Posts: 1,861
Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

I've got over-exaggerated memories of the Sunday drive thanks to my stepdad who rolled my brother and I around the county in one of these:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerandloathinginaustin View Post
It's yeast ejaculate. Just try not to get it on your face.
Primary: Nada
Secondary: The Plinian Legacy (NB clone of Pliny the Elder)
Bottled/Fridge: Firestone Easy Jack IPA
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: Firestone 17th & 18th Anniversary ales
Kegerator: Uinta Hop Notch IPA
Coming Up: something spiffy, most likely
scrambledegg81 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 46,500
Liked 6884 Times on 5846 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Sort of. We get people all year who want to see where Meryl Streep, Kevin Bacon, Michael J. Fox, etc., etc., spend their summers. They'll drive around aimlessly for hours on the country roads.
Don't forget all those people who go there to see where "One Crazy Summer" was filmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Besides, nobody under the age of 65 purposely goes to Arizona.
So when should I expect you? (like you couldn't see that coming! )
AZ_IPA is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
Pappers_
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pappers_'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 12,695
Liked 1224 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 2374

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambledegg81 View Post
I've got over-exaggerated memories of the Sunday drive thanks to my stepdad who rolled my brother and I around the county in one of these:

Very nice!
Pappers_ is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
arturo7's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 9,196
Liked 222 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

A Sunday drive would be great. Unfortunately, I'm land-locked in a sprawling metropolis.


__________________
Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.
arturo7 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How far do you drive to your job?? BlatzBeer General Chit Chat 136 04-15-2014 05:47 PM
Can you drive like this? Brewing Clamper General Chit Chat 14 09-24-2010 06:25 PM
I Think My Hard Drive Is Going HenryHill General Chit Chat 11 05-29-2008 03:29 PM
Your drive to work Alamo_Beer General Chit Chat 30 02-07-2008 08:29 PM
My @%*%@#$ hard drive RichBrewer General Chit Chat 28 05-04-2007 02:22 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS